Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Trolling 11/17

Out today, upper bay, with Alan (justchillin), Mark (baldzilla), and Lou. We were on Alan's 23 proline today. Had a great morning with a 30, 41, and Mark boated a nice 45. No fish for Alan today, we made him stay at the helm to avoid crabpots in 70 feet of water. All fish caught on the boards and with light chutes. When the tide stopped, so did the bite.
Special thanks to Alan for demonstrating his auto pilot to Mark. Saw Skip and Don out today and they seemed to be doing very well (hope they post). While the big fish are not here in large numbers (according to our catch rate), they are here for the taking. We kept the 30 in fish for the table and released the other two (I don't know why, since they will die anyway - according to the MCBA). Both yesterday and today called for "small craft warnings", but both days were more than manageable. Best of luck to all those going out the rest of the week, 5th (Marty)
Old 11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Baldzilla

Marty,
Thanks again for the invite, and Alan especially thanks for having me along. What a great day, great guys, and great conversation. Even though Marty didnt reel in but 3 rods at the end of the day

That was a hog of a fish, it was fat and heavy...bottomed out the boga!!!
Thanks again for a great day, I'll return the favor when I get back! Here is the only pic of the big one I have. Posting here because on TF we'd hear
1.) don't use a boga
2.) don't hold the fish against your body or it'll lose slime

that fish was GREEN and swam away hot...but don't tell MCBA it didn't die!
Mark
PS that was the heaviest striper I've ever held, obviously I need to catch bigger ones but it was a thrill! Weighed more than my 5 year old and was an inch bigger!

Last edited by Baldzilla; 11-17-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Nice going guys. Good seeing you gentlemen out there today, and Mark as well Hey Mark, that is one nice hog and a great pic. I would post a report, but we didn't catch anything. Just in case DNR is now watching this website in search of more quality data. I told the MRFSS guy at the ramp the same thing; won't make a difference anyway after the figures get massaged...Don
Old 11-17-2009, 06:45 PM

Sounds like a good time despite some of the questionable company (I don't want to insult anybody the bald guy whose screen name is baldzilla is to whom I'm referring!). Hope to tear into them too.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Nice catch guys. Glad to hear the upper bay is putting out some nice fish. Hoping to give it a go on Thursday.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Nice catchin guys. Hope to get em on Thursday....................Mark
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Mark (mlag) were your ears burning today? Your name came up several times today. We were in your "home" waters. Go getum on Thursday. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Baldzilla

MLAG, can I ho with you one day? You are the only one who is not mean to me and calls me questionable company?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM

Mark...great fish! Let me know if any of you guys need a HO. I am still working my newbie learning curve but will work like a dog to help out. Tim
Old 11-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Baldzilla

Tim you know you are always welcome, only a phone call away...when I get back from vacation we'll go! It'll be nice to have someone nice aboard for a change