Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothard View Post
My name is Jack Meoff and I love to fish for horndogs, conger eels, sea robins and dining on the elusive bearded clam.
::BIGTHUMBSUPTOJACK::

I like word play!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Keith,
you are becoming the Mike Rose of this board...but he's already here, I see a cat fight coming!!
Like this?

catfight-5.jpg
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 AM

Mike Smith here, Live in De. and have fished the Upper Upper Bay, Flats, Bohemia, Elk River for the past 3 years.
Prior to that it was surf fishing and head boats out of De & NJ.

New to fishing the Bay Bridge and south, have only been down there 3 times, most recent with Goinsfishin & Swartj, my son & I were ho's on Steve's boat and these guys gave us the 101 on trolling...great time.

My goal is to trailer down alot this coming year when the fishing slows up starting in June.
90% of the time it's my son (14) and I.

Hope to meet alot of you guys, ho on a few boats and learn the area.

Hopefully can make it to a few meetings and learn some new things....

Fishing on a Maycraft 20' CC.

Thx.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:10 AM

I'm Rex, live in DC, work for the government, love to fish, and don't take crap from anyone.

KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Brian Here,

I'm a new member and enjoy the site very much! Recently retired from the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (Park Manager). 53 yrs old, fishing the mid and lower bay March thru December. My boat is a Parker 2310 WA, the "Kelly Marie". Reside on the Pax River, just inside of the bridge at the mouth of Helen Creek. Recognized members from this site as well as "Classic Parker" while fishing down near the HS last Monday. Little shy, so I didn't speak up... besides you guys had a couple more in the box then I did!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM

My name is Don, and my wife and first mate is Kate. We Keep out boat on the South River, and moved from the Magothy earlier this season. My Pop introduced me to fishing when I was about 7 years old, and I grew up fishing the bay and in numerous fresh water haunts in Maryland and Pennsylvania. For reasons I still can’t explain (chasing girls comes to mind), I stopped fishing regularly in the early 80’s.

Kate with a 44 incher courtesy of Skip.
DSCF0015small.JPG

I picked up bass fishing and catfishing again in the early 90’s. I finally got back out on the bay in 2007; I’m wrapping up my third reborn season on the bay since buying my boat. I’m Rivercat both here and on the other board; the name has its origins in the fishing I did as a kid at Great Falls and later on the lower Potomac at the WW Bridge where I graduated from channels on chicken livers to the big blue cats on cut bait. Since getting back out on the bay, I don’t get out on the river nearly as much as I used to.

I sometimes really miss getting out on the river....
DSCF0006small.JPG

My boat name has its origins in the seemingly unfinished business that is fishing. For example, we got skunked on our honeymoon twice in Hawaii, leading me to often say “I have some unfinished business in Hawaii”. I see a lot of familiar names here from the other fishing board as well as a few other local boards. Glad I found this board, and I look forward to using it!

Don

...I miss the river until I tie into something like this, my PB 46.
DSCF0035_46Incher_small.JPG
Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 AM

bumpity, bump
Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 AM

My name is Steve, I fished the bay for 60 years saw many changes. Lived in Potomac MD. but had another house in southern Dorchester county on the Honga. Fished that are for 35 years and got to know it quite well. Moved to Florida in August of 06. Got tired of just catching Rockfish, croaker small blues etc. Vacationed in Florida for many years and loved the different kinds of fish available, I haven't been let down. My boat is a 22 ft Pathfinder tournament edition with 105 gallons of live wells. I can fish the ocean where the gulf stream is only 2 miles from the inlet or fish in the shallow, my boat will float in very skinny water. I am a 2 hour drive to Islamorada in the keys, Mosquito Lagoon, the ten thousand islands and lake Okeechobee if I want to bass fish. I feel I live in fishing heaven, many tackle stores, marinas and thousands of boats. the water is still clean and the fishing fantastic. Wish I could have done this 20 years ago.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Tom Gilmour- I'm 52, married 29 years. Daughter is a freshman in college, son is a sophomore in HS.

I grew up livelining eels at the Bay Bridge (back when there were big Rockfish to be caught in the bay all summer long)

I live on St Leonard Creek off the Patuxent now
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 PM

Anyone else coming aboard? Don't be shy. Baldy got in so obviously we'll take anybody......................"the other Mark"