Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Default Tournament report

Wow, tough tournament for team B-faithful this year. We didnt even check in a fish this year as we couldnt even crack the 40" mark..

Day 1 we fished out of SPSP and ran down to the TPL/BPL area. It was a tough day and we landed 3 fish. Two came off the troll and one came chumming as we gave that a whirl for a bit to try to get something to bite out of the all the bait marks we found. (note that we found a few worms on the bait bag we had on the bottom)

Day 2 we launched out of solomons and ran north to the power plant and trolled south of the gas docks. We had high hopes of a good day due to hooking up on the first fish with just a couple of rods in the water. Unforutnately we totalled 4 landed on the day. We had several fish lost and a few band breaks on the boards. Fish seemed timid. We also lost a fish that had straightened a hook on a 2oz chute behind an umbrella. The hook was weaker than most others but had landed pleanty of fish in the past.

Day 3 was just my 9 year old son and I so we made the trip to PLO. Again it was a tough day where we landed only 2 fish and lost 2 others. We also had a Bee and fly problem with the stiff SW wind that had blown the critters over the water. Despite the long haul, problem with insects, and lack of action, it was my most fun day of the tournament. With it being just my son and I, he really opened up and talked to me all day long. He was GREAT at helping run my typical 12 rod spread with planer boards! We were very efficient and worked well together. We also rerigged some of the gear that had been abused earlier in the year.

The slow action and long 3 days has my resting from fishing for a week or so. Besides my motor needs to be serviced and some yard work needs to be done. Plus I have 2 daughters that I need to connect with like I did my son.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 05-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Minus the bugs it sounds like a good weekend to me.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s