Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Patent Pending 4/25/12

First; things have been going great. We did have one windy, cloudy, low pressure day (Mon) where fishing was difficult in the morning (sun came out in the afternoon) and we wound up a fish short of our limit. One of the guests was seasick and we had 5 in the box; but he said he had enough and didn't need to stay out to catch his fish. Soooo, we came back short of our limit.

Today, we tried a little further south (Ches Beach) and had a great day with 11 fish caught. We had our 6 by 9:45 am. I was getting concerned (with only two in the box), but we had two rods go down in about 80 ft of water. We made another sweep through the same place and had another double hookup. The last two came in short order (but one at a time).

We had another lunch trip, so we left some lines in the water while Capt John prepared another one of his crabcake platters. Today, he added a pork shank to the meal. First time I ever had that cut of meat. It was like a chicken drumstick only pork. Tasted goooood.

We boated 11 before heading back to Deale.

Tomorrow should be interesting (rain and wind in the morning). I hope everyone is doing well. Stay dry, see you on the water.

5th (Marty)

p.s. Light lines are doing best. Singles and tandems 5 bars off the boards. My light umbrella's are catching as well. I run 2 with no weight, and one with 6 oz and another with 8 oz; and they are doing well also. My deep umbrella's (16 and 20 oz's are not catching. They are there just as precaution.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Good talking to you today. You are on your own tomorrow. With the forecast, I think I better go to the office to remind my boss that I still work there We caught one fish on a deep umbrella....white with 16 ounces back 100 ft. First deep fish in a while. Good luck tomorrow............Mark
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Thanks Marty.

Did your buddy make it out today? If so how did he do?

Tell John I'll be swinging in for some coffee tomorrow and maybe a little breakfast since I'll be working down that way. Coure y'all will be long gone by the time I get there around 7am.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM

You going to gain 50 lbs being on that boat. Bet the guys down wind drool when they smell crab cakes cooking.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM

does sound like a good week so far...

Glad to hear all that hardwork that was put in before trophy season is paying off...

I have had too many remind my boss I work there days this week...

Hoping to get out with Don and Scott on Friday....Wish me luck that I can clear my work schedule enough to be free on Friday....
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the report. Looks my first trip might be Saturday. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
does sound like a good week so far...

Glad to hear all that hardwork that was put in before trophy season is paying off...

I have had too many remind my boss I work there days this week...

Hoping to get out with Don and Scott on Friday....Wish me luck that I can clear my work schedule enough to be free on Friday....
Just remember the plan we discussed on the phone. Remain calm, and have you're gear ready to go.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Marty I must have missed you guys by just a few minutes this morning. I was early for work so I stopped into Herrington Harbor about 6:20 I think. Your truck and John's truck were there but the boat wasn't.

I hope the fog and light rain don't give you any trouble, and good luck today!