Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-02-2018, 01:55 PM

Go figure. I heard that area was on fire this morning. I am skeptical now after reading this. Marty is your number still the same? I tried texting you but it didn't work.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Shore Thing
sent you a Private message with cell number

However, it stayed the same
5th
Old 05-07-2018, 06:41 AM

Finally found a concentration of fish
With the help of some other CBA's we kept the fish surrounded and picked up three fish and had another knockdown. Two were keepers (38,40) and one throwback (30).

I'm certainly not posting to brag This is the first trip out of three that I caught Just wanted to emphasize how important it is to "work" with other boats to be successful this year.

The fish are scarce, any advantage helps. Thanks to Mlag and Lolo who were with us yesterday; and a "shout out" to Jason who narrowed our search area down with a trip the previous evening

5th
Old 05-07-2018, 10:41 AM

Glad to hear you found some fish Marty!

I went out on Saturday and picked up two fish and lost two more. The biggest was 42". That was probably my last trophy season trip since I leave for FL on Saturday. When i get back it will be time for red tubes!!!(FYI) i put one out on Saturday and caught our 2nd fish on it. I am going to give Jeff my spot that I have caught all my fish at this season. He already has the lucky lure. Hopefully the luck will continue with him. FYI, every fish we caught this year was on chartreuse.

Listening to all the reports being told so far, I believe the No Ragrets had a very good trophy season. With that said, I am pretty excited about the thought of catching a limit with 6 boat rods and no planner boards!
Old 05-07-2018, 12:11 PM

I fished two days last week. Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday we did ok. On the day I caught 4 fish and broke off another keeper. One fish was a throw back.. I fished shallow water 28'-35' and trolled faster at 3.3knots, 4mph.

Friday I caught one undersized fish in the same area I fished Wednesday and trolled north. The further north I got, the less bait there was. A friend who mates on a boat out Kentmore said 13 fish were caught total out of around 20 boats. They had one and got it early just after setting lines. Then they had nothing the rest of the trip

I was told the bite picked up over the weekend with the most consistent bite in the mid bay. I did not fish over the weekend due to having to run a 5k with my 5th grader (first time I ran since the last event now I am sore... I used to run 5k in under 15 minutes 20 years ago)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 05-07-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Heard of a bite farther south than Deale, so we took Lou's boat today and went out of Breezy Point. We picked up two keeper (36,44) fish. Looks like it's an early bite. We packed it in around noon.
Also, clean water south of Breezy
5th
Old 05-10-2018, 05:35 AM

Fished on my friend Dan's 21 Pro Line yesterday up around Love Point area. Lines in at 8:30 and trolled south with the tide. Trolled west to mouth of the Magothy without a bite. Turned east towards Love Point and picked up a 25" fish half way back. Turned north at the LP bouy and after an hour a boat rod got crushed and we landed a nice 40" fish. Circled back and couldn't get bit again. Called it quits after 7 hours. As always, a nice day on the water with a good friend.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM

We ran south of SPSP until I found cleaner water and started trolling. We picked up a 43"er and missed another. We decided to go jig for entertainment and my party caught some fish to 26" despite jigging with a rod in one hand and coronas in the other.