Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-16-2015, 07:47 PM

Default Secret Spot only for CBAngler crew

The other day i was walking my dog at my parents house in Grasonville Md. They live across from Mears Point Marina in a little community called Narrows Pointe. If you are familiar with Kent Island you will most likely know the strip of houses on at the Chester entrance to Kent Narrow. Walking my dog down Narrows Pointe Dr. toward the Holiday Inn and the big empty field there is a drain pipe that runs under the road from the Chester to the Marina. It was an ebb so water was flowing from the marsh area though the pipe and exiting into the Marina itself. Seemed fishy to me. Got my LT gear and pitched a storm out.. Wham! 22" not a fluke. I caught maybe 6 or 7 fish all in the mid 20's while boats where coming in and out of the marina just watching me. I guess the ebb brings nutrients from the marsh area to the marina and the fish congregate there looking for a quick meal. So, if you ever find yourself leaving Red Eyes on an ebb turn into Mears Point all the way to the end and look for the pipe.

Pete
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the info sounds like a interesting spot to check out when sitting in bridge traffic coming home from a tuna trip. Interesting roadside attraction
Old 11-16-2015, 09:52 PM

Looked fishy huh?? Are you FBI - Fishing By Instinct .

Nicely played sir!