Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-23-2013, 05:25 PM

Default Chilly weather but hot bite last week

Had the fortunate opportunity to fish Gustavus, Alaska last week. Caught limits of Halibut, King salmon, lingcod, and yellow eye rockfish. Caught 8 or 9 silver salmon(Cohoes), a bunch of pink salmon (they use for halibut bait), and a few of some other random species. Fished Tues thru Sat with Alaskan Anglers Inn and cannot speak highly enough about this outfit. They have a great program and a wonderful staff that are top notch. If you are considering going to Alaska to fish, check them out!! I will warn you that the town is tiny- 2 "restaurants", A liquor store, barely Internet service, and an ATM (if the store it is in is open at the time ). The meals are included in the package and the food is fantastic! Transportation is also included so no rental car needed. Really a great group of people.
We came home with almost 300# of fillets between 5 guys. The biggest halibut we kept was only 42". They have a throwback slot from 45"-68" and we had a few in the slot, nothing over. I think 3 overs were caught last week out of our camp of 30 people.
Did I mention the highest temp was 74 degrees and low 50's at night?? I can't even count how many whales we saw either; just an awesome trip!! If you're interested in going, PM me and I'll be glad to give you more details of our trip.

Duty calls now but hope to be back on the bay this weekend.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:31 AM

Sounds like an amazing trip, glad to see you're living the dream!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Is your damn boat in the water yet? It is almost August now!!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM

LOL! This Sunday it's getting splashed! Of course life has been absolutely crazy during one of the best summers above the bridge. The past few weeks have gone like an old country song. But I have been able to get out on my kayak some.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 AM

Well I hope everything is well and if I catch you out on a kayak when you have that sweet CC not ready to roll yet, I will run you over!!

If you don't get overboard and need a fix, you got my number. Been out of town a lot for work but hope to slow down a little after next week's trip to Charlotte . In the lovely Cleveland this week at least it's 56 degrees here this morning!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Man you don't let any grass grow under your feet do ya When you get back around give me a shout, I've got a little fishing tournament to run by you if interested/available.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreboy6 View Post
Man you don't let any grass grow under your feet do ya
I HAVE A BOAT TO PAY FOR!!!