Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-26-2017, 03:41 PM

Default Aug-Sept

Fishing has been great the since the regular season opened up. We caught our limit every charter except the Casey Cares Tournament and another trip where my party didnt want a full limit despite a good bite. That streak went all the way to Labor Day where we fell short and came home a few fish short of a limit. Since then we have had good action with even some trips yielding nice fish over 28". We even had a live lining trip where we had 4 fish over 30". Even though spot have been plentiful still, we have had more success jigging and plug casting with plenty of birds to show the way. Last Friday we had a hot action trip with rockfish to 28" and blues with most the keeper rockfish were coming on top water plugs. (blues and shorts were on jigs for the most part). However the next day was tough on keepers with only 2 fish coming home but with lots of jig and plug action. Even my friend who was tolling took a skunk on keepers despite lots of action.

The fall should get better and better. There are tons of baitfish in the mid-upper bay, both peanut bunker and silversides. I am not going to fish as much over the next 4 weeks or so as I chase my kids sports events and take my son to visit a couple of schools (he was promised a nomination in USMMA but is also looking at the USCGA.. woo hoo - I can afford them). However I will put out of last minute walk-ons on my facebook page if you are looking to fish

You can see photos here: http://www.facebook.com/iFishMD/

Last edited by B-Faithful; 09-26-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:02 AM

Sounds like you have been really smoking them. Awesome!!

Good luck to your son.