Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2018, 06:44 AM

Default Sat 6/16

Went out with family that lives south of Cambridge yesterday so got a much later start than normal. They got to the boat about 9:00 with Momma on crutches! Apparently she rolled her ankle the morning before so this added a little time to the morning routine. Loaded them up and headed south. Saw lots of boats chumming on Swan Point and a MILLION boats chumming on Love Point. Since I am not a fan of chum 😷 I decided to steer clear of the fleets.
We put out 6 rods with hoses and spoons and began working the marks we found in the channel. Lots of good marks but they weren’t eating. It was probably around 10:30 and my 10 y/o nephew the “dedicated fisherman” is apparently more of a dedicated CATCHERman. To combat his boredom, we stuffed him full of Mt Dew and Twizzlers. . We still didn’t catch but at least he was much more entertaining. After what seemed like a lifetime, daddy and the Capt decided it was time for a beer. I try to wait until I’ve earned one with a fish in the box but was easily convinced it was time either way.
He no sooner had popped a Miller Lite and fish on!!! We did loose it at the boat the connection was made (by the 10 y/o) that if you want to catch fish, you need to pop a beer.... He was enthusiastically promoting beer chugging. Fortunately we were happy with the occasional fish as responsible adults and managed to put 4 keepers in the box from 20”-27” and released several shorts. The spoons were much hotter than the hoses. I had 15 Tony out 140’ (my ideas of a WWWB) that wasn’t getting hit. I went to check it and the damn reel locked up on me. I was able to break it free but lost the level winder in the process. Thank God it didn’t catch a monster.
About 2:30 decided to run into Mike’s North for a little lunch and back to the slip by 5:30. It was a GREAT day with family. I often forget how much little kids get pumped up for fishing. He had a blast!! Although, at one point I did find myself behind a small group of chummers and he noticed there were a lot more boats around suddenly. The ONLY explanation he could come up with was that I must have been in the cabin running my mouth of the VHF, leaking out our successful location. . Kids.......

Did see a few “new” 27’s and an old familiar one (which was hiding his pink curtains) out there. Mark was just finishing up when I saw him and that allowed the rest of us to finally start to catch some. (I don’t know how he trained all the fish in the Bay to only bite his baits but the guy sure knows how to fill a fish box). I always know I’m in the right area when I look over and see him!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F182E791-C72B-4B2E-B557-492703995232.jpg (12.6 KB, 16 views)