Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Dont worry I have not met many of the folks here either...However, Give us all a couple of beers and a cocktail waitress and our name tags will all say Tiger Woods....
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
Is a shallow water caster, LTJer allowed in your tight troller's circle?

A suggestion: to put a "User Name" and or real names with a face, how about name tags for the first meeting or two. I know some won't like it so blast away, I can take it.

Sounds like most of you guys already know each other.
The laid back outsiders may take a while getting to know who's who.

Jeff
Name tags are not a bad idea. I'll see if I have any laying around. All fishermen are welcome

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Hey Baldy................Rex is scaring me......................Mark
Mark, you want Rex "Moderated?" I'm skeert of guns, noone will teach me how to hunt so I can't defend myself against a big burly gun toting guy like Rex :gunsdontkillpeopleRexkillspeople:

240 LTS, who you calling a troller

I like the Tiger Woods name tag idea that Mike had, but I doubt the group will be big enough where we will have too many to remember...you can ask over and over again and noone will care! If someone wants to bring little sticky name tags they can but I take no responsibility for what gets written on any of them...especially mine!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:13 AM

Why are people saying they're scared? I have not done or said anything remotely combative or offensive. Is this what our society has come to? Grown men crying because they were spoken to in a direct manner? I'm glad I was never shoulder-to-shoulder in a combat situation with "men" like this.

Back to the topic of this post, I hope to meet some of you at this gathering. I will try to clear my schedule to share fishing stories and enjoy a cold one. (They better have at least ONE American-made beer at this place)

KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM

Hey Rex,
Is that a S&W 629? Looks kinda like mine 'cept I have an unfluted cylinder. I never looked at mine from that angle (in your pic), but other people have

Jim
Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
Hey Rex,
Is that a S&W 629? Looks kinda like mine 'cept I have an unfluted cylinder. I never looked at mine from that angle (in your pic), but other people have

Jim
I was thinking the same thing. My brother just picked up a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum last week. Now THAT would be a muzzle to not be on the wrong side of!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. My brother just picked up a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum last week. Now THAT would be a muzzle to not be on the wrong side of!
Spot,

I have a 500 too, but haven't mustered the guts to shoot it. Sweet piece! I hate to admit this, but I haven't fired a weapon since before trophy rock season due to me spending too much time chasing these silly fish. I should being the 500 up with me sometime to Cresap.

Don (ChannelCat at Md Shooters)

I should really do one of those Md Shooter shoots too, lots of great people there. But alas, I was hypnotized by the siren call that was an exposive fall rock season.

Last edited by Rivercat09; 12-12-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 AM

I'll see you guys there!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM

The 21st? The first mate and I are going to try and make it. We'll probably run a bit late. It will be nice to meet you guys in person.

Nametags with screen names would be a good idea, but I'm contemplating wearing some of my Carolina Mudcats gear which will be a dead giveaway.

I should probably wear the mint condition shirt and not the well fished in hat, which probably still reeks of chicken livers, cut herring, and catfish slime.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 PM

I'm in. Is anyone interested in carpooling from Rockville. I'll volunteer as a designated driver

Kevin