Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Default Life of a Shoreboy 10/19/13

Fall is my favorite time of the year and I frequently get a complex case of ADHD when thinking about and planning my outdoor activities. Today was one of those days where the stars, sun and moon all aligned. The day started out by bagging a limit of mallards and widgeon at my favorite duck hole. I have had shoots that were faster and more furious but every duck was shot with the first shell and almost all fell right in the decoys. Now for the second part of my day. Sit in the woods with my smoke pole or try my luck at fishing..........

Well I decided to go home and take a nap which would get me out to my favorite mid-bay river landing by 4 PM. Started fishing up a creek off the river with several spots checked and only a couple blowups/follows. Ran back to a point I have had some success at previously, which was less than a mile from the ramp. First cast of my Stillwater Smackit, Jr. and I had an 18" fish on. Looked promising so I anchored up. Nothing fast and furious but over the next 45 minutes landed 7 fish from 17"-24". Had several follows and some amazing blowups. The fish wanted the popper worked as aggressive as possible and the fish put up some great fights. All fish were football fat and extremely healthy. Flood tide started to slow down and so did the fishing. All fish were caught in about a pickup truck bed sized area of 5' water.

Moral of the story, fish are in the rivers and topwater is hot! Water looked great and there are still loads of jellyfish. Get out there and get some, looks like the fall is going to be as good, if not better, than the summer was.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 AM

Sounds like a perfect day!! I hope it ended with a little Crown Royal around a fire pit under the full fall moon....? (followed up with sex of course )

Even if it didn't end the way I wrote it, it still kicks ass livin on the shore!! Congrats on an awesome day!

Old 10-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Sounds great!

We spent about 45 minutes off of Gibson Island a few nights ago throwing topwater. Had a little luck, but not as much as you. Still a ton of fun though.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 PM

Jeff - Didn't light the fire pit but the other 2 were dead on
Spent Sunday at the Oyster and Hot Sauce Festival in Cambridge listening to Bird Dog and the Roadkings, eating oysters and drinking beer. Ain't no better living than Shore living........