Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Default Late 6/18 HH Report - Honga, PNP, & 72

Went out of Hoopersville Friday @ 4pm. Griff & I hit several HH hangouts thoughout the area from the ES to the WS. We caught plenty of fish, but not many "fillet worthy". We have a 14" minimum cull limit on the boat and none of the fish on Friday met that criteria. We anchored up (& drifted) at nite near 72 with the rest of the fleet...found some keeper size from 9-12", but that was about it. IMO- the charters were having the same problem cuz they were constantly on the move. As usual, the wxman was calling for 5-10 most of the evening...once the sun went down it picked up to 10-20 and was steadily getting it when we left @ 11pm.

Saw lots of rain minnows all over the WS side...keep looking for some kind of RF or BF action on the bait but it never happened near us.

Had a GREAT time out there, but was very disappointed at the "class" of feesh. Usually they are a lil bigger down there by now.

On a good note...we bought some subs at Snow's Turn in Cambridge on the way down. Man....they were the FATTEST subs I've had in a looong while!!!

WT ranged from 76-80 degrees
Bait was garlic shrimp, squid, BW fishbites, & fresh peelers. Shrimp worked better in the day; peelers got more action at nite.

We did mark a few schools of RF on the ES side...tried to jig 'em up but they werent hungry for our buffet.

I'm gonna head EAST tomorrow ISO some yellow thingy's....I'll report back on Wednesday!!!

GW 222
Old 06-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Andy !!! Glad to see you reporting here.. Please say hi to Beth and Griff.

Croaker are funny.... Sorry you didn't get into bigger fish. Soft shells are the ticket in my humble opinion. But obviously ya have to get into a nice school of 15's to make them filet worthy...

B
Old 06-22-2010, 08:26 AM

Good to see you and Griff getting out but I can't believe you left Beth at home unless she was still down South. Sorry to hear you did not get into anything big and I hope we can find a few this Friday night… Thanks for posting the report and maybe we can hook up with an evening trip very son.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM

B- I've not done well with softshells, except to FEED the fish. They have a way of SUCKING the bait off my hook!!!

Steve- Beth went to a friends to hang out by the pool....cant say I blame her!! I'd love to tell ya to come on down for an evening trip....but so far the BIGGUNs dont seem to be here. I might give the tank a try again Friday nite if the wx permits. They gotta be SOMEWHERE .....right!!!

GW 222