Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Default Not much of a fishing report

We left Sandy Point at 6:30 and headed North as planed but what I did not plan for was the damn wind. It was blowing at least 15 and the waves were building. We made it to my spot and right away I started to mark some fish and it wasn’t long before I had one hooked up. Well as faith would have it, it came unbutton. We had to go with a 2oz jig head just to keep bottom. I made it around to the same spot and again I had one hooked up and this one made it to the deck a nice fat 20”. The 2 guys I had with me today were greenhorns and they were having a hard time feeling bottom and standing up. I then put another one in the boat and this one was fat as a tick and went 25”. We then lost our tide and I lost the fish. I put another 15 miles on the boat trying to find fish and then Greg and Hutch put up the white flag and said they had enough. It was a LONG boat ride back to Sandy Point and I know we had some 4 footers mixed in with the 2 and 3 footers. This trip will be my last one for 2 weeks, heading to OC next Tuesday for 5 days of tog fishing, so any of you guys on the Eastern Shore be ready for some nasty weather because every time I come over on your side of the pond we have bad weather.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Sounds like a got a few nice fillets for dinner, or dinner for your friends.

The wind has been rather spontaneous lately. We always check the weather before heading out and lately if they claim we'll see 5-10 mph gusts, we're probably looking at 15 to 20.

And we seem to be catching tides that are moving against the wind a lot, causing bigger waves than anticipated.

Long day for 2 fish, but I'll bet that's a trip your friends will always remember.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Damn - you were a day late. Weds it was smooth until about 1:00 - then a gentle 5 knot breeze stirred up about a 6 inch chop.

I got a feeling the fish are in for some payback - next time you get out.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM

Glad to hear you got out. My MIL made another trip to the hospital via ambulance this morning so I didnt even get out. Wife has a church retreat this weekend so it looks like no fishing for me until next week sometime. Let us know how the togging goes!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Scott- Hutch said he was going to cook them up for dinner tonight. Wish I could look at the weather right before I go but it's a long ride for us so I just take a chance. I don't think they will forget for a while, there legs, back and all there bones are going to feel it for a while.

Skip-Thanks so much for hooking up with me after we got off the water and I sure do owe you one. I hope your going to like that rod... It seems that Wednesday is the day to go, just read Jamies reports and when Phill calls me I just want to tell him where to go. Thanks again Skip

Greg, sorry to hear about your MIL hope all is well. Things are going to get better unless you head South it's really going on down there. I'll give a full report when I get back so get ready for a long post.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com