Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM

Default 2 & 7 August Report

Friday, 2 August I took some co-workers bottom fishing out front on Holland Point. After about two hours they had 35 lbs of perch and sandwich spot. Nothing special, just a steady pick of 8-10" fish. FYI - They took them down to the Wharf in DC and had them cleaned for $30. I didn't know they would do that but evidently they will clean fish for so much a pound.

Wednesday, 7 August I went with some friends live lining despite the forecast of 10-15, gust to 20 out of the south and seas at 3 feet. The spot are still thick out front and I made sure we had plenty of extras. Made our way over to Eastern Bay at 16kts riding in the ditch the whole way. That I believe is about the roughest I care to be out in on my little boat.

It didn't take a brain surgeon to find the fish based on the tight pack of Hook & Line boats.

Fought with my Delta Plow anchor for over 30 minutes before I could get it to hold and finally got set up a respectable distance from some friends that were H&Ling.

After sitting there seeing fish on the meter without a single run-off for over an hour, I started dumping live spot over. That brought them around and we had our eight fish within 15 minutes. I kept the steady stream of spot going over even as the guys were hooked to hold the school under the boat.

By all reports we did better than some. Some of the H&L guys struggled bad and I just talked to the guys that are out there now and they said it sucks again today. The fish are there and stacked up like cordwood...they just aren't feeding.

After taking another ass kicking coming back across, we stopped back on Holland Point and picked up 15 decent perch for an appetizer before we ran out of bloodworms. Back at the Harbor with a drink in my hand and fresh fish for lunch by 1:30.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 August 13.jpg (47.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 7 August 13.jpg (83.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 08-08-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 PM

Tawn, we were out on Tuesday and saw all the H&L'ING We dropped in close to a boat that had them stacked under their hull. They were yanking in fish after fish. We were struggling. I finally took a rod out of the hands of a customer, put on a real lively spot and tossed it near the other boat. For an instant, I thought I was going to hit his boat. I held my breath and it fell just short. We were hooked up in seconds.
I told the customer to slowly bring in the fish. I was hoping to draw a couple over with the hooked fish. While he fought the fish, I dumped about a dozen spot overboard. From that time, we had plenty of fish under us. We limited out quickly, then went looking for some blues.
5th(Marty)
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Tawn, we were out on Tuesday and saw all the H&L'ING We dropped in close to a boat that had them stacked under their hull. They were yanking in fish after fish. We were struggling. I finally took a rod out of the hands of a customer, put on a real lively spot and tossed it near the other boat. For an instant, I thought I was going to hit his boat. I held my breath and it fell just short. We were hooked up in seconds.
I told the customer to slowly bring in the fish. I was hoping to draw a couple over with the hooked fish. While he fought the fish, I dumped about a dozen spot overboard. From that time, we had plenty of fish under us. We limited out quickly, then went looking for some blues.
5th(Marty)
Evil, yet awesome!! I like the way you roll sir!!!