Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2015, 07:21 PM

Default Got the Natural Light Blues:)

Capt John called and wanted to go scout for some bluefish. He has a charter on Saturday, and hasn't been out for a while. I called a few friends and off we went leaving the pier at 6:30am.
We headed for the Choptank because Jason had done well a few days ago dragging just 4 lines. We got over there a found nothing happening Lots of bait, but no birds working or fish breaking. We trolled some areas that had been good to us in the past, but nothing was giving us love. For about two hours, nothing It was looking bad.

We finally found some birds working in 10 ft of wateramong crab pots

I cranked the rods up two bars each and we headed in. Huge blues (21-22 inches). Rods were covered up and many held two fish each on the spreader bars. I had 7 boat rods out and these fish were crossing lines and creating havoc at will. We dropped down to 5 rods and just kept busy bringing in fish and getting lines back out.
I have to give a huge THANK YOU to Bruce Lewin who was on the boat (Captain of Hook 'Em). Bruce was a second mate on deck and made my day much easier.

On the slack tide and the beginning of the incoming, we did our best. You couldn't get away from big bluefish and small rock (18-20 inches). The cooler was filling up fast, and I started getting worried about our numbers. I told Capt John I could count the fish by tossing them in his big makeshift live well

Just as we were thinking about bringing in the rods, we hooked a crab pot
Pull 'em in guys. We unhooked our spreader from the pot and ran for the dock. When we counted our fish, we had 55 blues and 2 rock (for 6 anglers).

We all pitched in to clean the boat and met back at Capt John's Restaurant (South County Cafe) for some fresh deep fried blues, french fries, cole slaw, short bread, and beer

We had an 18 pack of Tawn's favorite (Natural Light).
Below are pic's of the cooler and the beer

Great day was had by all.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1883.jpg (90.0 KB, 31 views)