Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Default 5/23 Mid-bay LTJ

Yesterday the regular crew and I headed out of CB on Phil's Grady. We headed south to an area that I have done well in the spring for the last five years. When we got to the area there was a lot of life. Only the life was about 40 charters trolling. Not good because this is not a big area. In the past I usually had the area to myself. I guess the word got out. We waded in anyway and after a little looking found a few birds on the water with a nice school of fish under it. Right away we hooked up with some nice fish to 30"s. It didn't last long however. Soon we had trollers all around us and no chance to find the school again.

Well, what to do? On to plan B. Try for some flounder. Off to the flounder area and after two hours nothing there. Shallow, deep nothing. So back to the first area. It was after 12 and most of the charters had pulled out. We started cruising around and after an hour of looking found some birds and fish. Unfortunately we couldn't stay on them for long and they disappeared. We did, however, have a good hour on them with a bunch of fish caught on topwater.

All and all a good day with all the fish we wanted to eat and enough caught to make it fun. Of course the fun we had as friends can't be measured. The jigging bite is on, so if that's your thing get out there.

Last edited by Hillbilly Boater; 05-24-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the report, I do need to the the jigs out

TED
Old 05-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Lies, lies lies !!!! SPOT BURNER !!!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Lies, lies lies !!!! SPOT BURNER !!!
You tell'em Brian!......
Look at the bright side Jack at least you didn't have to suffer like Luke Scott of the orioles....he has to play with a lousy team and than spend the day trolling catching dinks....just kidding....
Old 05-25-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1 View Post
You tell'em Brian!......
Look at the bright side Jack at least you didn't have to suffer like Luke Scott of the orioles....he has to play with a lousy team and than spend the day trolling catching dinks....just kidding....
No your not and that's funny.Thanks for the reminder that it can always be worse.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Well Jack at least you and the Boz’s gave it go and you caught some fish. I did call B in the morning and I told him where we were going and he was going to see if you guys wanted to go with us but never heard from him again. I’ll back out again this Friday and Saturday….
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1 View Post
You tell'em Brian!......
That is pretty funny! Sorry I missed it when it was originally posted! Unfortunately with nearly 3 hours we had lines in the water we were only able to muster 4 fish between ~19" and 28". I dont think the 10am start or similar time tide change helped us but Luke seemed to have had a good time though. He even sent me a text that evening that he had cleaned the fish and was getting ready to cook it. Unfortunately he didnt play last night despite being hot right now. I dont know what the fish did to his system.

Good stuff though. Glad you found the bite Hillbilly.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 PM

Greg, We're all friends here and it's good to able to laugh at the things we do. Let's face it fishing is for fun and what ever way we chose to fish can't really matter because none of it really means anything anyway.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Absolutely Hillbilly. Anyone who fishes with me knows fishing is all about having a good time. I love seeing all kinds of reports and busting on each other as much as any other guy, if not more. What Jamie posted was funny and it made me laugh out loud.

I know earlier this spring there was a divide amoungst some of us over a thread on TF and one I started here. While I was hoping to surpress some of the rhetoric over the amount of rods some of us enjoy trolling due to DNR actively looking at the subject and recently enacting baseless restrictions on efficiency, the banter over actual fishing techniques wasnt really my concern. I am sure I could have handled it differently but at the time it is what I did. I dont regret addressing the subject since I dont want restrictions on my spring trolling efficiency and fishermens opportunity and access mean more to me than what some think of me on forums but I do wish things went down differently. Either way, It hasnt changed my sense of humor.