Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 PM

My favorite is night fishing for sharks while drifting.
All is quiet and peaceful - then a big reel let's out that ZZZZZ scream that gets the blood going.

Next is liveling Spot for Rockfish. Feeling that Spot go nuts just before it gets gulped is always cool. Watching them under bobbers is fun too.

Trolling for big Rock is exciting - never know when a 50 lber will hit.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:27 PM

My favorite fishing is LLJ with BKD’s or Manns Hard Nose for stripers. I also like flounder fishing and fishing for Tog in November. I don’t troll or live line I can’t talk Uncle Phill into it yet…..
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 02-18-2010, 02:54 PM

Thanks mainly to Steve F, this is how my fishing-year calendar has morphed:

Spring, casting topwaters on the Susky flats, casting and LTJing the Patapsco and select UB spots. (sometimes I'll flyfish for hickories during the week)
Summer, casting topwaters and LTJing rock, especially at the BB.
Fall, casting topwaters and LTJing near the birds.
Winter, casting jigs and rattletraps to rock.

And to think I used to flyfish for trout and smallies, slow roll or burn spinnerbaits and bouce plastic worms for LM...thats all a distant memory now.

However, my absolute favorite is flyfishing the flats for bonefish...come on Sept! Get me to Belize!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM

• Rock in the spring trolling or casting wherever the big fish are,
  • Summer I go to local freshwater ponds and Ocean City for my saltwater fix. Haven't done very much Bay fishing over the last few summers, however the live lining is fun when the spot get nervous and you hook up with a rock. Also try to make a few trips with the family chasing blues around.
  • Chasing birds in the fall and early winter casting for rock
  • Casting jigs and those Rattletraps Phil mentioned in the winter. Some big fish are still around.
On the things to do list is catch Red and Black drum, flounder, spanish mackeral and get in on a few tog trips.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
  • Rock in the spring trolling or casting wherever the big fish are,
  • Summer I go to local freshwater ponds and Ocean City for my saltwater fix. Haven't done very much Bay fishing over the last few summers, however the live lining is fun when the spot get nervous and you hook up with a rock. Also try to make a few trips with the family chasing blues around.
  • Chasing birds in the fall and early winter casting for rock
  • Casting jigs and those Rattletraps Phil mentioned in the winter. Some big fish are still around.
On the things to do list is catch Red and Black drum, flounder, spanish mackeral and get in on a few tog trips.
We GOT TO get the black drum with Greg this year Paul. We practiced last year................Gary
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 PM

I gotta go with just being out on the water is fine...The fish are a bonus...Good friends and good brew works too...beats workin...

I could catch jellyfish on most days for all I care....

However, I have had some fun catching catfish in the last couple of years...Bottom fishing for Black Sea Bass was easy as heck and a boat load of fun...

Gotta admit tons of perch in the summer on light tackle is great...

As a kid it was always a blast to catch yellow perch pretty much anywhere in the bay and flounder in the southern bay were always tough for me, but lots of fun.....

All in all, being out there, relaxing, friends, beer, sun, not much better than that....
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM

charlie...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106_0642.sm.jpg (78.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM

Croaker and perch bottom fishing in the spring and the fall. Get a couple small pieces of <insert bait type here, bloodworm, soft crab, shrimp, squid, cut spot, etc>, bait two hooks, drop the line over on some kind of structure, then start pulling them in two at a time.

My second favorite is pulling in trout from Schoolhouse Pond when no one else is catching anything.

Of course I like any type of fishing where I can enjoy the quiet and just soak up the sun and the fresh air. I could use some of that about now.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 PM

Like trolling for big rock in the spring, trolling, LTJ and LTT for them the rest of the season, bottom or drift fishing on summer evenings on the bay listening to the O's on the radio, and finally drifting for flounder in the back bays "down the oshun hun"
Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Baldzilla

Offshore, plain and simple...
2nd is flounder, jigging, live bait, any way you have 'em

if we are talking about Stripers, it's LTJ for sure,

but there is always a good feeling of a spot getting nervous and getting devoured by a huge rock (especially when the spot have just barely arrived and the rock are still really big....

doesn't matter what I'm catching, if I'm catching, or where I'm catching...as long as I'm on the water it's great...if my kids are there, it's perfect!!!