Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Default football question

I was wondering if someone knew the answer to this question.

If the Q-back has a receiver in his helmet to get play calls from the sidelines; does he also hear a coach say something like "Fire" when he is about to be sacked from the blind side? Is the receiver switched "off" after the play is called from the sidelines?

Just wondering.
5th (Marty)

Oh yeah; it's a fishing board. Maybe the coach yells "fish on".
Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Im sure its cut off before they get to the line.

If not someone should have told flacco he had a WIDE open deep reciever on the right side in the 1st half.

A couple more performances like that from flacco, he might start hearing "GET BULGER READY TO GO IN" in his headset!!

That 1st series after halftime was perfection and ive never seen flacco that accurate but the rest of the game was pathetic!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 AM

An NFL official controls the head set. It is turned off before he gets to the line.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 AM

After a really hard sack - I bet the quarterback hears a lot of voices
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Think Flacco is still seeing double from the first hit last week!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Flacco's relying too heavily on hucking the ball downfield and hoping one of his receivers will get to it. He's got an arm and great accuracy, he just isn't using both at the same time.

If you watch Peyton, he's all about short slants and crossing pattrns that get first down after first down, and THEN he hucks one downfield. Flacco is just gunning it.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM

It used to be left on longer. When Moss was with the Vikings, they used to read the defense from the booth and relay to the QB (who I think at the time was Randall Cunningham) where to go with the ball...in other words, if Moss had 1on1 and would be open deep, look for him. It was turned off closer to the snap. The rule was changed supposedly because of this and now it's turned off before the teams line up I think.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys; I was wondering who controled the "button". Makes sense the NFL pulls the strings so to speak. If the team (offensive coordinator) was in control; I'd be telling the QB lots of stuff.

Personally; I prefer the QB to make his own calls. There would probably be a lot fewer "great" QB's if this were the case. All these guys have great arms and can make the throw, but decision making might not be their best asset.

5th (Marty)
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Hey actually wasn't this the issue Belechick had a few years ago? Or were his booth coaches just stealing the play calls from the opposition sidelines as they were signaled in? I recall he lost his luster of golden boy after that (and oddly the Pats haven't done too well since)
Old 09-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncljohn View Post
Hey actually wasn't this the issue Belechick had a few years ago? Or were his booth coaches just stealing the play calls from the opposition sidelines as they were signaled in? I recall he lost his luster of golden boy after that (and oddly the Pats haven't done too well since)
I thought Belichick was video taping defensive plays and got caught. I think he was fined half a million.