Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Default So Brandon bought a new boat, and it wasn't a Judge.

Give the man props, when they are due..

Gotta admit, he does his homework, and his new ride looks schweet...

I think 300 horses is a bit much, but what do I know....
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 AM

I'm glad he finally posted what he was getting. I could give a rats ass what Brandon selected and why. Everyone of us has to make a decission on what boat we are getting based on lots of criteria.
We look at different options and try to balance the pluses and minus' of each boat and how we intend to use it. Eventually, we pick a boat that is the best compromise betweem different types of fishing ( ex. best ride in a chop versus a stable platform a rest).
So what does Brandon do; he buys two boats. One boat for one type of fishing, and another for a different type.
More power to him, I'm glad he's spending some of that trust fund money. I'm really glad it's being spent to support a local builder.
But why was everyone on TF so excited to find out Brandon's decission? It has no effect on me.
I have a close friend that owns a 48' Ocean Yacht. It's a beautiful boat. It is his dream boat, and he is so excited every time he steps foot on board. However, I wouldn't swap him my 22' walkaround (unless he would allow me to sell his Ocean for cash). We use the boats for different things and fish them differently.
Best of luck to Brandon and his new ride's, I wish him nothing but success and joy on either boat.

Personally, I think Brandon should have bought Capt. George's "Stormy Petral" and outfitted it with nets. That's the only way we are going to be able to catch fish in the near future (and most of them will be sick).

5th (Marty)
Old 09-26-2010, 01:20 PM

Brandons boat should be a nice boat. Looks like a nice hull from what I have seen and he knows the builder so it should be made to his liking. Only downside I can see for Brandon by going with a builder who has such a limited production is that it could be tough to sell a brand that only has one or two out there and doesnt have an established reputation. Brandon will certainly help that though through his site.

As far as him not getting a Judge, Brandon was gracious enough to come see us for a sea trial and we appreciated that. I even think he was very suprised at the performance, quality, and layout of the boat. We ran a 22cc for him on a day just prior to some storms and probably 15 knot winds in Eastern Bay. We stayed dry and the boat performed great with a single 150 Honda. He even went as far as to say he was shocked at how nicely the boat rode in the solid 2' chop. He also seem surprised at the amount of deck space the boat had for a 22'er. Only thing I think he would have like to seen was a little more speed. With the 150 Honda, t-top, 3 on board, full fuel, gear, etc. we hit 34 knots (just over 39 mph) in the chop. While the boat does 40mph with a 150 and t-top, I think if Brandon chose the Judge he would have gone with a zuke 175 which puts the top speed in the mid 40's.

I will say I even enjoyed getting to know Brandon. It is funny how when you meet someone off line and/or not in a political setting how nice it is just to talk boats and fishing with someone who enjoys it as well. Bill and I certainly appreciated him giving us a good look. I think he enjoyed checking out the boat as well. Hopefully we can put him in a Judge in the future.

It was funny to see how many hits all the speculation the thread about him buying a boat got. I think there are over 9000 views at this point...

Last edited by B-Faithful; 09-26-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:45 PM

I was amazed at the the number of views and replies to that post. I guess maybe I should at least take a look at the thread....not!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Default 9000 views wtf

Are people really that bored, 9000 views on what some guy is going to buy...wtf over...the fishing has been red hot in the middle bay for the last few weeks, I'm glad I fish if not maybe i'd be that bored.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM

I guess TF is making a lot of money for him now.

The forum runs so freaking slow for me now I should ask for my money back...searches take forever.

Well congrats to him on getting a nice new boat.

Now where are those damned wire strippers so I can finish putting mine back together....
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleBiology View Post
Are people really that bored, 9000 views on what some guy is going to buy
There have been over 12,000 views on that thread. Thank god it finally made it to page 2 and hopefully it will go away. I know Greg isn't going to reply on it anymore BTT
Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM

If he would only have gotten a hair cut - he could have bought a Grady.

We have very strict guidelines .
Old 09-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
If he would only have gotten a hair cut - he could have bought a Grady.

We have very strict guidelines .
Uhhhh...Skip. I think those guidelines have been relaxed some. Brandon's shaggy mane doesn't compare to this guy's freak flag.....

OK so I tried to read thru the thread...what boat did he buy? I only got out of it that he's narrowed it down to 6 boats and not a Panga.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Who's Brandon??