Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Default 7th grader gets citation outside of Naptown

took my son, reeltor and his twin boys fishing today. It was a slow day but Pauls son landed a 44" 38lb (weighed in at Anglers)..

Fish came on a white umbrella out 75' with 16 oz. Trailer baits was a 6/3oz tandem and the fish hit the 3oz with a 6" shad (lead had a 9")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d8.jpg (51.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg d8a.jpg (59.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
took my son, reeltor and his twin boys fishing today. It was a slow day but Pauls son landed a 44" 38lb (weighed in at Anglers)..

Fish came on a white umbrella out 75' with 16 oz. Trailer baits was a 6/3oz tandem and the fish hit the 3oz with a 6" shad (lead had a 9")
You didn't release it? How's it going to spawn in the Spring?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 PM

I kept it because I wanted to and the opportunity was afforded to me by the managment regulations. It was a fish of a lifetime for a 12 year old boy and he, his family and my family are celebrating the catch and the long standing traditions of sport fishing with the enjoyment of eating our catch..

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-05-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I kept it because I wanted to and the opportunity was afforded to me by the managment regulations. It was a fish of a lifetime for a 12 year old boy and he, his family and my family are celebrating the catch and the long standing traditions of sport fishing with the enjoyment of eating our catch..
Greg, I like your response. I probably would have just left it at "I kept it because I wanted to", but that's just me I'm sure Paul's son was thrilled. Nice fish!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Perfect response Greg.

I thought about releasing the fish but one look at my son's face told me that releasing it was not a good idea. He was/is thrilled to be able to show it off to his mom, brother at home and friends. My twins are now hooked on fishing and that is the best result of the day.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
Perfect response Greg.

I thought about releasing the fish but one look at my son's face told me that releasing it was not a good idea. He was/is thrilled to be able to show it off to his mom, brother at home and friends. My twins are now hooked on fishing and that is the best result of the day.
Paul, If you released that fish, you would have been a....a..............well, I'll leave it at that! If I was 12 and caught a fish like that and my Dad threw it back and I had a twin and another little buddy with me.....Dad would go with the fish Congrats to your Son and many will enjoy eating that fish.........Gary
Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM

Greg does not release any fish Nice fish Also greg you own a pilothouse boat made for this time of year, PLEASE take off the antartica suit you have on it looks ridiculous. It wasn't that cold on saturday.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM

Naahh I never release any fish.. especially during the preseason

Jeff, you know me...Always too wordy

Paul, I was a pleasure fishing with your guys! I am glad they are getting hooked on fishing. No better way to spend quality time with your kids. I know my passion for fishing with my dad kept me out of a lot of trouble growing up (it is tough to go out late at night causing trouble when the boat leaves so early )..Anyhow, hopefully that is the first of many big fish they land on the BF.

Here is a shot of paul with his son and me with the kids who made up the team for the day

Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Good on you for keeping it. You are allowed to keep it, so why should you have to release it because it is 40"? The smile on that boy and his dad's face, and the memories they will share are worth more than any big fish!

If you notice, all the fellas that preach "release all the 40"+ fish" magically only catch 39" fish. At least that's what they post when bragging on this and the other board. They are also the same people who fish all summer and keep 2 fish per person multiple times per week. All those fish will spawn also. So the few 40+ inch fish they catch per year, will not spawn near as much as the hundreds of 18-28" fish they catch and kill. Too many dumb, fat rednecks on a soapbox with an agenda so they come across as conservationists. Problem is, they are only that way when it benefits them..

Thank you for the post and congratulations to the young man for his beautiful fish!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 PM

Awesome smiles!!! Thanks for teaching your kids to fish.

Jigstix..You been doing any fishing?