Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Default What's that smell?!?

A damn skunk, that's what it is!! At the Holiday Inn in Solomons tonight but prolly going North tomorrow. Not a knockdown all day. Ran 11 boat roads with mainly umbrellas and a tandem or 2 mixed in. Downrigger at 40', up to 28 oz on an umbrellas. WWB was out 240'. Crappy weather coming in and no real fish that are hungry. Saw 3 boats fishing all day!!
Tomorrow we are Running to PLO first thing and if we don't have a couple in the box by noon, making the 4 hour run home a day early. May pull the plug on fishing for the year.
ANYONE willing to Share some Intel For tomorrow morning, PLEEEEEEASE DO. Justified on Ch 16/68 or cell is 410-708-0087

Thanks!!! Jeff

Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 PM

No reports from Buzz's and I can't call the charter captain I know out of St Jerome's Creek, because he has already pulled his boat and ended his season early. Only advice I can offer is to find Lee Tippett (Fin Finder II). He's had a couple of good trips this week. Normally comes out of Solomons but he will be wherever the fish are. Unfortunately finding a trophy this year is like finding a very small needle in a very big haystack, but just like the lottery.....You got to play to win!

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM

Glad to see that spread I suggested worked well for you

Both Allan and Lou had such a good time on my boat Tuesday, they both had their boats out today above the bridge. Neither one put a fish in the boat

Best of luck at PLO tomorrow.

5th (Marty)
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Thanks Breakaway, I am looking for "legal" size at this point, don't even care about a trophy! My crew is trying t talk me into leaving early but I gotta give it til noon. 4 hours home at best so don't want to stay too much past then. Time will tell I guess.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 PM

My network of friends and charter boats is pretty much limited to the Deale area. The one guy I talked to today who had a trip said it was horrible.

We were supposed to have a charter Saturday but Shawn called them and told them that as much as we would love to take their money, he recommended they cancel based on the poor fishing.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 PM

Jeff,
I don't know if you are running everything real deep, but last Saturday I got 2 fish in the top 20 feet, even though the fish and bait showed deep on the meter. Hope you get them tomorrow.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Hopefully Marty gave you his GPS numbers from Tuesday. Sounds like a good place to start. Every day is different but last Sunday there was mob of charter boats trolling between #3 in the mouth of the river (Va. side) and #65 in the bay in 40-50 ft of water. Must have been something happening there. Either that or misery loves company.

We saw LOTS of birds between Point No Point light and Point Lookout in 40-45 feet. Mostly small fish there last weekend but they will readily hit a stingsilver or bkd.

Good Luck. I'm looking forward to a report.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-05-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions men!! We are gonna give it a shot until at least 11:00 or so. I sure hope we get at least a knockdown today. A 4 hour ride with the stench of a 2 day skunk in the air, does not sound attractive!. I'll be back to ya!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:17 PM

N winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt late this morning and early afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely.

You sure paid some dues - no fish - then taking it on the chin the whole way back.

Give you credit for putting 100% in - just not many fish around to be caught.

When charters with 25-30 lines out are getting none or at best 2 or 3 , us regular guys getting a skunk is not as hard to swallow.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Jeff, is probably too pooped to post, but I know he put meat in the box today.

I guess we just have to wait for the report.
5th