Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Default Boat Show

Took the wife to the boat show Fri evening and saw Jim (BOE Marine) and Bill (Judge). I went mostly to look at how many different options I had to attach the Rocket Launchers I need to purchase for the new boat.

Bill was there with a slightly used 27 Chesapeake and the NEW 36 Chesapeake he just finished for Chessie27 (I guess he needs a new name now). Chessie27 was the 27 Chesapeake that came off the trailer and ground down the roof as it slid anlong the hyway.

My; what a pretty new 36 he now has. I counted 29 rod holders on her. She sports a new cummings engine (the one that's in my Capt's 46 Markley), she should fly and fuel consumption will be even better than on the charter.

She also sports a dark blue hull that makes her look rich. I can't wait to see her fishing this fall.

I had no intentions of buying anything, but you know how that goes. On the internet board THT (the hull truth) they had a post from Boomerang Rods that said they would be there. I stopped at their booth and said hello. Not only were they selling rods, but they had fishing pliers for sale as well. They are all aluminum frames with titanium cutters that cuts braid like butter. They even throw in a second set of "cutters" for free. I tried them out and of course bought a pair. The cost was $30 for the pliers. Of course when you throw in the cost of parking ($10) and admission ($17 x 2); they really cost me $74.

If anyone goes today or tomorrow, stop by and say hi to Jim, Bill, and see chessie27's new ride.

I'm headed down to my boat to try to pick off a few keepers later today. Mike (Garlien) answer your messages on your phone!!!

5th (Marty)
Old 10-18-2012, 06:19 PM

Everytime I've ever gone it was with the intention of having fun, not really buying anyything except food and beer.

Mike and I went last year and took my son with us. We had awesome weather, a ton of fun, and Mike even scored a free pint glass at one of the local establishments later in ther day.

I wanted to go this year but I already had plans to be fishing on the Pocomoke that weekend. I'll post that report when I get 2.3 seconds to type it up and upload the pictures.