Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM

Default Really???

Wow! In the event you hadn’t heard, there is a recession going on. You can hardly chastise Bill for adding a few rods to his business plan. In a tough economy, is it not his right to modify his plan to try to offset his costs a little? Boat builders are sinking left and right. He has a real nice facility and lots of overhead to pay for. Still, he’s generous enough to have an open house where an awful lot of people came and sucked down free food and drinks on his dime. I’m sure many of the people that were there hope to be a Judge owner one day, but Bill had no problem rolling out the red carpet for ALL that could attend. Thank you again!

I am lucky enough (or dumb enough) to be a 2 boat owner. Both happen to be built by Bill. I bought and paid for them just like everyone else does. I have also bought a pair of the JY rods and have sold another 6 to friends since they have seen mine. They seem to be great rod for a fair price; I can't wait to use them! It’s really a GREAT business plan if you think about it- “I’m selling a boat with all these rod holders, why not offer a good rod for a reasonable price to fill them up?? I can save my customer the time and trouble of going somewhere else to buy rods.” What a value-added service!

It’s not like Judge Yachts is in the rod business, nor ever plans to be. Bill is just trying to create another loyal BOAT buying customer, like me. Fortunately, some folks are in a position to buy all custom rods, some are not. If you can afford customs, fantastic! If not, here’s an option better than supporting Wal-Mart.

I thank you for the boats, the rods, AND the pulled pork sandwich at the Open House. I appreciate ALL that you do!
-Jeff
Ps- Bill, if you DO get into the Mr Softee’s business next- I prefer vanilla.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM

Default Rods and Boats

Perhaps one should be familiar with more than one of the subject items before giving their "expert" opinions on either.
For example; I caught my first fish at the Rips today and the perfectly balanced rod was the reason. That is funny. Every Swinging Dick in the area is catching fish out there and it's not because they are good fisherman.
Boat building is at least an order of magnitude more difficult than putting together a rod in the backyard. So don't compare the two.
Let everyone post what they want on this board.
MRN
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Fischadler View Post
Perhaps one should be familiar with more than one of the subject items before giving their "expert" opinions on either.
For example; I caught my first fish at the Rips today and the perfectly balanced rod was the reason. That is funny. Every Swinging Dick in the area is catching fish out there and it's not because they are good fisherman.
Boat building is at least an order of magnitude more difficult than putting together a rod in the backyard. So don't compare the two.
Let everyone post what they want on this board.
MRN
Congratulations; once again you miss the point.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
but I quickly turned it into a Rockfish Whore this morning.
If you are interested in a sweet custom rod that can be personalized with your initials, name, or picture of your favorite fish that you target, see Steve.
5th (Marty)

p.s. That should be worth at least a beer and some chips.

p.p.s. When my gas tank needed replacing, Bill Judge did the work in a timely manner and at a very resonable price. Even if you are not in the market for a new boat, Bill can do repairs or modifications for you.
That's worth two beers and a bag of chips.
Good Lord, with this post, I think we've found the biggest "whore" on the board, and it is no longer your new rod...you kiss that much ass for a beer and some chips???
Does that even get the taste of poo from all that butt kissing out of your mouth?

When you start telling everyone with an Angler "Nice Boat" at the end of your posts, you'll never get a ride again

Last edited by Mark; 03-31-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
When you start telling everyone with an Angler "Nice Boat" at the end of your posts, you'll never get a ride again
And that would impact me how?
5th (Marty)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
And that would impact me how?
5th (Marty)
apparently not in the least...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Default Made a Point

Quote:
Congratulations; once again you miss the point.
5th (Marty)
I know you believe this board is your own personal Facebook page but I was making my own point. Read the entire thread.
When you are purely a sycophant, be prepared to be treated like one.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Fischadler View Post
I know you believe this board is your own personal Facebook page but I was making my own point. Read the entire thread.
When you are purely a sycophant, be prepared to be treated like one.
Sycophant? I must have gotten that one wrong on my SAT's. I'm asuming I was insulted. But I can live with that.

Have a great day, go fish
5th (Marty)
Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Steve built me one sweet rod a couple weeks ago. I used it today at the rips and even though it was rough, it was sensitive enough to feel the bite (even on 30 # braid). I caught plenty of fish and the rod was balanced perfectly. Even the Captain of the boat commented on the rod when he tried it. It was a virgin until today, but I quickly turned it into a Rockfish Whore this morning.
If you are interested in a sweet custom rod that can be personalized with your initials, name, or picture of your favorite fish that you target, see Steve.
5th (Marty)
I heard That !! Steve just put together a really nice LTJ split grip style rod for me for slaying the springtime rock on the flats and anywhere else for that matter.
I have store bought LT rods too but nothing compares to a nice custom.This is my second Back Yard Custom and my new fav on the boat.

And Hey....I don't give a s*** what you call it,brown nose or what ever ...Steve builds a helluva nice stick.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Not sure how you can compare a boat building to a rod builder and just because I build rods in my backyard and not a shop like other guys don’t knock it it’s all I got. I build a good rod for a very fair price and I would guess that Bill builds great boats as well. When you start comparing $80,000 boats to a $150.00 rod I guess I’m in the wrong business.

I know when Marty picked up his rod his next stop was a local tackle shop, not BP to match a reel to his rod. If you don’t think a good balance rod doesn’t make a difference then put a reel that weights about 14oz on an M/H action rod and jig with it ALL day long and see how your arms feel at the end of the day. By the way Marty you and Roger have a 6 pack and 2 bags of chips coming your way…. Thanks for the plug guys I really appreciate it.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com