Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Default 2nd Annual Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company Fishing Expo

2nd Annual Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company Fishing Expo
Date: Saturday, March 30 from 9am-2pm
Location: Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company 211 Maple Ave. Chestertown, MD 21620
Admission: $3, children under 16 free
Get ready for the upcoming fishing season by perusing boats, new and used tackle, boating supplies, crabbing supplies, wildlife art and fishing charters. Food and beverages will be available for purchase and there will be raffle items. New this year will be fishing seminars from some of the top experts on the Bay.
Seminar Schedule:
10:00 AM
Capt. Charlie Schneider – “Small Boat Striper Trolling”
11:30 AM
Capt. Brady Bounds – “Eliminating Luck, How Guides Find Fish”
1:00 PM
Shawn Kimbro – “Gearing Down – How to Choose the Right Tackle for Light Tackle Trophies”
Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM

Since the Expo is only 2 weeks away, I wanted to give a little preview of some of the vendors that will be there. This is in no particular order:
Fish-Off Gloves, Specialized Baits, Tuna the Tide Charters, Shadyside Charters, Hudson Marine, Superflash Lures, Performance Rods, Bustem’ Baits, Rock on Fishing Lures, MSSA Scholarship Fund, the Rolling Tackle Box, Spankin’ Stripers, Chesapeake Crabbing Supply, Mid-Shore Electronics, Restless Lady Charters, The Sinker Guy, Tuckahoe Sail and Canvas, R.P. Mehl Tackle, Canyon Candy Tackle, Three Fins Lures, Capt. John Whitman, Wood Grain Interpretations, several other individual sellers and more vendors are being added daily.

And I can't forget the Justified tackle table
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM

Mildly impressive line up ya got there....

Best of Luck
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Thanks, its still a work in progress
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreboy6 View Post
Since the Expo is only 2 weeks away, I wanted to give a little preview of some of the vendors that will be there. This is in no particular order:
Fish-Off Gloves, Specialized Baits, Tuna the Tide Charters, Shadyside Charters, Hudson Marine, Superflash Lures, Performance Rods, Bustem’ Baits, Rock on Fishing Lures, MSSA Scholarship Fund, the Rolling Tackle Box, Spankin’ Stripers, Chesapeake Crabbing Supply, Mid-Shore Electronics, Restless Lady Charters, The Sinker Guy, Tuckahoe Sail and Canvas, R.P. Mehl Tackle, Canyon Candy Tackle, Three Fins Lures, Capt. John Whitman, Wood Grain Interpretations, several other individual sellers and more vendors are being added daily.

And I can't forget the Justified tackle table
WOW! That IS an impressive line up (minus the Justified table of course). The more friends that stop by, the smaller my pile of stuff gets Most of my big ticket items are already gone. It's weird but stuff I bought 10 years ago (still in the package) I am wondering if I should part with...Separation anxiety maybe?? I'm sure I'll find enough stuff to sell; hell I got 2 weeks right? If I have to, I can always just raid a buddy's garage .

I need to be sure to sell enough stuff to afford one of those GIANT Spankin' Striper lures (it's like 32oz!) That guy cracks me up! Could add a couple more spoonbrellas from Capt John to the arsenal too!

Looking forward to it Trey,

Last edited by Chessie27; 03-18-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Forgot Capt John
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Due to unforseen circumstances, Shawn Kimbro will not be able to make the Expo Saturday. However, Rob Christy has been gracious enough to step up to the plate and will be speaking about springtime trolling. We all know he makes a great lure but he is also a very informative speaker. I am really looking forward to his presentation!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM

A big thanks to CVFD and Shoreboy6 for today. I was albe to sell/ give away everything I had. What deals were had by those who stopped by "Jeff's bargain bin" - 3 brand new parachutes still in the package for a damn $1 Had lots of fun selling stuff and bought a bunch of new stuff to replace it. Only came out about a $150 in the hole by the end of the day
Did have time to talk with some really nice people and appreciate any and all tips they shared!!

PS- Who the hell is this Marty guy people seem to all know? "Mayor of the Chesapeake" is what I heard!!!!?!? Your boss told me I got come down for a crab cake and he might throw in a fishin trip!!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
PS- Who the hell is this Marty guy people seem to all know? "Mayor of the Chesapeake" is what I heard!!!!?!? Your boss told me I got come down for a crab cake and he might throw in a fishin trip!!
Some people are famous, I'm infamous
We would enjoy having you on the boat and showing you some Western Shore (chickennecker) hospitality. Capt. John cooks a mean crabcake and doesn't do too badly in the fishing department either.

I'm glad eveyone had a good time, I was at an Easter Egg Hunt with the granddaughters and wouldn't have missed it for the world

5th (Marty)