Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM

Default Uneventful Charter

We took a charter for Cobia and Big Red Drum yesterday, noon to 10pm at the mouth of the bay. We caught one undersized cobia within the first 20 mins. After that, nothing but a few small sharks, skates and rays, no more cobia, no drum.

Maybe I am cursed. I can't even pay someone to catch fish for me.

I have fished hard 4 out of the last 5 days. Three days offshore for the tuna-ment. No tuna, few mahi. And a long cobia charter with one undersized fish. I am beginning to wonder why I do this?

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 06-30-2010, 11:09 AM

Dude, what are you holding in your avatar pic?

Happens to all of us. I've caught 1 fish since April 25th. Gonna switch to crabbing this weekend.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Just be glad you are fishing.. I havent fished in about 4 weeks due to travel, vacation, etc.

The opportunity to catch a fish is what draws us. you will be back for more. look at it this way, you paid your dues and you are bound to have a big day soon. (but you gotta get back out to have it)
Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM

My post was a little over-dramatic this morning. I didn't get back home until about 3am last night so I was working on about 3 hours sleep. Maybe I am saving all my fish Karma up for the White Marlin Open.

www.DCMSSA.org
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

Old 06-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Jeremy your fine.. If I posted all the " non catching" reports, you'd all think I was a complete douche.

Consider this " paying your dues".. One day, and probably sooner than later, you'll get into the " targeted species".
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm just going to start targeting Mahi and small sharks. Maybe I will pick up a tuna and some cobia as by-catch.

www.DCMSSA.org
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

Old 06-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Gotta get back on the horse. Were going chunking for bluefin Friday. Game on!

www.DCMSSA.org
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Jeremy your fine.. If I posted all the " non catching" reports, you'd all think I was a complete douche.
What are you talking about? Everybody already thinks that despite the reports you post!

Funny story- I work at a university w/ a lot of non-US students. So I'm walking thru the cafeteria area leaving the building one day and I hear this young male asian Indian student say to his friends "Well that must be something you put a used douche into."

Took about 2 seconds to realize what he was saying. LMAO (to myself) as I continued out the door.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend-Lure View Post
We took a charter for Cobia and Big Red Drum yesterday, noon to 10pm at the mouth of the bay. We caught one undersized cobia within the first 20 mins. After that, nothing but a few small sharks, skates and rays, no more cobia, no drum.

Maybe I am cursed. I can't even pay someone to catch fish for me.

I have fished hard 4 out of the last 5 days. Three days offshore for the tuna-ment. No tuna, few mahi. And a long cobia charter with one undersized fish. I am beginning to wonder why I do this?
Jeremy, I went on that same noon to 10:00 charter on Sunday and we caught about 35 rays and several sharks. We did manage to catch 4 keeper Cobia but struck out on the red drum. We had one BIG red drum spool us and straighten out the hook......in seconds We went down and back in the same day too. Every day is different. Hope you get on them soon...............Gary