Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2014, 12:13 PM

Default New website

I finally fiddled with one of the godaddy.com templates and got a website up.

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions:

www.iFishMD.com
Old 03-05-2014, 01:41 PM

Looks good Greg

Under the section about the boat you mention "pleanty" of dry storage. One other thought is to mention something about PFDs for kids. Doing so would likely indicate an emphasis on safety to parents who might be considering a family outing. Do you recommend that they wear PFDs while underway below a certain age (I realize that PFD requirements in MD are for boats 21' or less)?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Thanks!

In regards to PFD's for kids. I let the parents make the decision on whether or not the children wear them unless I feel the situation warrants it.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Greg - likely my work schedule will change this summer.

Not sure I'll be able to hook those fish onto your clients hooks while scuba diving in the evenings

Site looks good - hope 2014 season is good to you.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Looks good Greg.
My insurance quote came in considerably higher than expected...not sure why, maybe because it's wet slipped. Anyway, I'm foregoing my evil plan and wait until I move up to an over-6 boat in a couple years.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 PM

I'd hate to see your plans wrecked by one insurance quote. May be worth asking the insurance company why the rate is so high. I've also found that insurance quotes seem vary quite a bit from one company to another in any given year for comparable coverage and from the same company from one year to another.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 AM

Looks good and answers all the questions someone should have about booking a trip and what to expect. The only thing you might consider (if it is true) is adding a statement about it is "your" trip. If I am chartering, I have something in mind besides coming home with a cooler full. I want to try to learn about live lining not trolling so you may tell me not to book until June when LL is better than it is opening day. If I want to catch a monster, book April not Aug. I'm sure you work through all the expectations when they call to book but for first timers it might be nice to know that they have the option. Just a thought.

Also, when viewing on my iPad, the bottom of the screen stutters for lack of a better term. When scrolling down, the bottom repeats. Not sure if it is on my end or the website. I will try to post photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Chessie27; 03-09-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:20 AM

Another screen shot. Sorry, just trying to be helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.5 KB, 7 views)

Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 AM

Skip, I hope your schedule doesnt change this summer. You make for great run-offs in the scuba suit.

Tawn, I just got my insurance bill and a buddy has the same insurance as me. If you dont hear from me in the next day or so, call me when you get a chance.

Chessie, Thanks. I have already had people inquiring about live lining in April so your suggestion is a good one. I need to figure out how to word it on the site now. As far as the stuttering at the bottom of the page. I have only had that happen on occassion on my iPhone. It doesnt seem to be a problem with google chrome, explorer or any other location. I will check with godaddy about it though.