Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Default Tawn, Please Quit Your Job

Am I the only one to request that Tawn quit. He started his new job on Monday (snow), then again today (snow). WTF, please quit before a blizzard hits

When you retired from the Navy, you were meant to fish, drink, and relax on the deck of Happy Harbor. You have upset the universe

Get out while you can!!

5th(Marty)
Old 12-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Marty,

You're on to something. You should quit tour job and become a professional retirement planner. I think there's a demand for your type of thinking.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Marty,

You're on to something. You should quit tour job and become a professional retirement planner. I think there's a demand for your type of thinking.
Although Captain John's boat (Patent Pending) is on the hard, I guess Dec. 15th is my official last day as mate. After three years as his mate, I have a new "retirement" to get used to as well.
5th Tuition may be full of snow right now, but come St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) she will start getting lots of hours on her for 2014.
It's a darn shame that Tawn will be working and not setting lines with me on deck
I have a lot of names on my cell phone for HO's Look out fish

5th
Old 12-10-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
5th Tuition may be full of snow right now, but come St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) she will start getting lots of hours on her for 2014.

5th
Great I will be getting more texts and phones calls about the Judge with blue bootstripe and bottom paint being towed behind the gray Tundra asking if it is me

Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM

No kidding! This "real job" stuff sucks! Had a hard slap of reality today - the federal government was closed due to the weather but I, as a contractor, still had to go in!

Out of the entire building which normally has 2500-3000 military and civilians in it, there were about 10 of us there today!

Worst, since I'm starting fresh with no vacation time, I believe I'm gonna have to forgo Costa Rica this year! Talk about adding insult to injury!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Great I will be getting more texts and phones calls about the Judge with blue bootstripe and bottom paint being towed behind the gray Tundra asking if it is me

Greg,
I have a temporary decal that looks just like yours. I plan on puting it on the boat and cutting "donuts" around the other charters I see fishing next year
5th
Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
No kidding! This "real job" stuff sucks! Had a hard slap of reality today - the federal government was closed due to the weather but I, as a contractor, still had to go in!

Out of the entire building which normally has 2500-3000 military and civilians in it, there were about 10 of us there today!

Worst, since I'm starting fresh with no vacation time, I believe I'm gonna have to forgo Costa Rica this year! Talk about adding insult to injury!
Way to go Tawn, somebody has to work and keep the economy going. I will send you text messages and photo's of the fish we catch next season. Get me a copy of your boat key and I will make sure the bottom doesn't get to dirty and the fuel doesn't separate
5th (Marty)
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 PM

The key is in the ignition...I have never taken it out. I figured if someone wants to steal it, a $20 ignition switch that they can reach the back of wasn't going to stop them. Besides, if I took it out I would just lose it.

I also heard that if your 27' is a total loss, you get a 36'!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I also heard that if your 27' is a total loss, you get a 36'!

I guess we both have to let Jeff take our boats for a little ride on the trailer
5th
Old 12-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
The key is in the ignition...I have never taken it out. I figured if someone wants to steal it, a $20 ignition switch that they can reach the back of wasn't going to stop them. Besides, if I took it out I would just lose it. !

Let me guess, your federal contractor job is NOT in National Security
5th