Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Default 7/14 out of Breezy...

Went out of Breezy Point at 5am on Saturday with the family and Phil (philk999). We were already loaded up with spot in the livewell, so we headed towards Sharps Island Light and headed a bit north from there.

We started slowly since the wind was blowing the boat in one direction and the current was flowing in the other. We ended up snagging the anchor a couple of times.

First two fish were nice-sized blues that gave their catchers quite a run and woke everyone up.

When the current started moving strong enough to overcome the slight breeze, the fish started biting in earnest. We sat over a school of decent sized rock...anywhere from 19" to 33"...all of them fat.

The 33" pulled the reel off the rod my nephew was using, but he stayed level headed and we managed to reattach it while he fought the fish with the reel in one hand and the rod in the other.

Also had a blast watching my wife boat a fat 26" using her almost 30 year old flounder rod and reel (she hates spinning tackle). The old Shimano combo held up very well but I thought she was going overboard.

We watched the big storm cross the Bay well north of us, but enjoyed the cooling breezes it sent our way.

After we limited we went back over to the shallow water outside the BP entrance and restocked the live-well with spot. My wife did that so well, we renamed her "Mary, Queen of Spots".

Great day, lots of fish, fun and laughs...until I almost took a header off the finger pier getting out of the boat, twisted my arm bad and wrenched my back...my son came back to throw water over me as I sat on the pier trying to get myself together as I was really feeling the heat afterward (I wore a dark blue shirt for whatever reason )

He also drove home as I was incapacitated with both my elbow and back having ice packs on them.

At least the dock wasn't too crowded and Phil had left earlier because of another engagement. Otherwise, I'd be hearing what a clumsy son-of-a-***** I am and how he can't believe I haven't drowned yet.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM

I was going to wait until you were feeling well before I commented on lack of balance. Sound like you were injured less than originally feared, which is a good thing.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:22 PM

Ed; I'm glad you guys got into some nice fish. Sorry to hear about your fall. Maybe you got dehydrated. It's easy to do.
Stay cool
5th