Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 PM

Default What kind of fishing do you like the most

I love to live line for stripers in the fall,go musky and crappie in spring, go bassin and perch fishin in summer.

Last edited by tacklemake; 02-18-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM

Any kind of fishing for me. I enjoy live lining the most but like to mix it up with trolling, jigging, surf casting,off shore,crabbing and clamming. I'm not great at any one but like to mix it up. I think the best part is the friends you fish with..........Gary
Old 02-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklemake View Post
I love to live line for strippers in the fall.

Woody; where do you live line for strippers? I like "Chey Joey" down on Baltimore Street. The Strippers are a little older than the one's at "Hustlers"; but they are easier to reel in. What's the best bait?

p.s. Sorry, to do that to you man; but Woody and Strippers was just too easy.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 AM

I love breaking fish in the summer at sunset. I just put my rod down and keep unhooking fish for the wife and kids. All while puffing a Camancho and drinkin a cold brew!

Life can be good
TED
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 AM

Anytime i can get out on the water is good. Catching is a bonus. I think the fall and ltjing is my favorite and seeing breaking fish. Just being out with friends and family is the main thing. When i light tackle fish i keep looking for this other judge B something but never see him LIGHT TACKLE JIGGING.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Trolling with planer boards. I like all the gear. Second would be trolling for tuna offshore. My favorite fishing style changes every few years. Used to be bottom bouncing live eels. Who knows whats next. Maybe jigging for tuna.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM

For stripers:
i like trolling or chumming during trophy season
chumming from mothers day- 4th of July
Jigging small fish or light tackle troll from 4th of july-fall fishing
Jigging, chumming, light tackle trolling from late sept-migratory run
late fall eeling or trolling.

I dont get into the croaker or perch fishing. I really like flounder fishing. With OCMD less than 2 hours away, I will be flounder fishing more this summer as my 9 year old son has a bigger personal best flounder than me. It is not the natural order of things. I need to break his best:

28" and over 6lbs

Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Nurse View Post
I love breaking fish in the summer at sunset. I just put my rod down and keep unhooking fish for the wife and kids. All while puffing a Camancho and drinkin a cold brew!

Life can be good
TED
Dude, you know how to live! As I sit here looking outside at the remaining 18 inches of snow, I feel warmer just imagining the scene you described.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 AM

I'm a freshwater/bass guy by nature, but I love the summer Perch fishing out on the Magothy, and any time I can hitch a ride out on the bay I'm happy.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM

I like what ever is biting at the time. I agree with powerplay in that any time on the water is all good.

In spring, like most, I like trolling for trophy rock. In summer, I like chumming and live lining for rock. I’m liking LTJ more and more the better I get at it; I’ve made a lot of progress, but I have a long way to go.

Fall rockfishing is relatively new to me, and last year just blew me away. I like bottom fishing for whatever is biting, especially croakers. The first mate wants to target flounder more, and after sampling some hours old fillets last year with our first keeper, I can’t argue with that one iota.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Night Nurse about the summer breakers in the evenings, which totally reminds me of my childhood.

We enjoy alternating years between Cape Cod and the Outer Banks. Last summer, we got into some excellent slammer blues out of Hyannis, and we just made our reservations for the OBX and some hopeful encounters with tuna and redfish.

When the bay is all bumped up, and sometimes not, I enjoy freshwater fishing for LM bass, bluegills, and crappie. I like the backwater of the Chesapeake, especially the Magothy. I cut my eye teeth targeting channel cats at Great Falls and later the tidal Potomac for channels and, more recently, trophy blue cats.