Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Thumbs up Off Topic: Lake Anna Striper Report

Went out on Lake Anna the other day to test out a boat. Cold, nasty, windy, UGLY day! Boat ran fine, but I noticed some seagulls diving... In a lake???

Went over there and saw a BIG tail slap the water. WOW! That was a striper! Then another and another. They had some bait pinned against the shore and were blasting them!

Unfortunately, no rods on that boat!

Today, I went to test out another boat, my new Cajun bass boat. Eased it up on plane, and was doing 57 mph at 5,000 rpm, and then noticed birds again!

This time I was armed, and I tied on a 6" BKD on a 3/8 oz jig and cast.... BLAM!!!

Long story short, freshwater stripers LOVE BKD's! I ended up keeping three for my Mom:

Anyway, that's about it. I never got the boat much over 60 due to those pesky stripers! Oh well, who cares about boat testing when there are breaking fish to be had!

-TH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00254.JPG (37.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 AM

They can be had at Lake Anna, Smith Mountain Lake , Piney Run and many others this time of year. Good luck with your new boat.......Gary
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 AM

great report! you should be able to get out alot more now.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:38 PM

Good deal Tony!any size to those fish,look pretty good size in the picture.

Last edited by RogerT; 11-01-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Went out on Lake Anna the other day to test out a boat. Cold, nasty, windy, UGLY day! Boat ran fine, but I noticed some seagulls diving... In a lake???

Went over there and saw a BIG tail slap the water. WOW! That was a striper! Then another and another. They had some bait pinned against the shore and were blasting them!

Unfortunately, no rods on that boat!

Today, I went to test out another boat, my new Cajun bass boat. Eased it up on plane, and was doing 57 mph at 5,000 rpm, and then noticed birds again!

This time I was armed, and I tied on a 6" BKD on a 3/8 oz jig and cast.... BLAM!!!

Long story short, freshwater stripers LOVE BKD's! I ended up keeping three for my Mom:

Anyway, that's about it. I never got the boat much over 60 due to those pesky stripers! Oh well, who cares about boat testing when there are breaking fish to be had!

-TH
Crap! I just noticed this thread from a bajillion years ago. So you bought the Cajun? I bought my 93' Cajun Pro 150 back in 2005 and LOVE it.

I've been wanting to get down to Lake Anna for years but I can't get any of my usual group to commit.