Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Scott D. - Sales Rep for a paint company, 39 years old, 13 y.o daughter and a 9 y.o. son.

Married for almost 15 years.

I've been a freshwater fishing junkie for about 15 years now. I love all of it; ponds, lakes, rivers....anything that holds them big ugly ole' Largemouth.

We moved to Cape St Claire in 2005 and I became sort of a redneck saltwater fisherman......I run my bass boat up and down the Magothy fishing the tributaries for Stripers, White and Yellow Perch, Pickerel and the quite rare-to-the-river Largemouth. I'm just as content floating around the river or anchoring somewhere with a sandwich and beer as I am fishing.... (Seriously....what redneck puts a cd player on a 15' bass boat, fills the livewell with ice and beer and uses a golf umbrella in a rod holder as a bimini top? )

So if you're in the Magothy and see a little red Cajun bass boat with an 85hp Yamaha come over and say hi. Or at least laugh at me as the wake from your Parkers and Gradys tosses me around pretty good.

Hooked up with my old friend Garlien last year and he's gotten me to cover more water on the bay in the past two summers than I have my entire life.

Now I just have to fill my saltwater tackle bag.....stuff's more expensive than the freshwater stuff I'm used to.

Tight lines,
Spot77
Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 PM

Christy Henderson here. My husband Michael and I own Buzz's Marina in Ridge, MD. Most of the names here are familiar and that's nice to see. Thanks Marty for telling me where everybody went!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 PM

John (Transition) I fished from Edwards Ferry to Brunswick for 12 years on a jet boat as well. Still use some of my smallmouth rods for LTJ here. Fished the bay in late 70's and switched back in 2007.

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River
Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 PM

Hello all

My name is Rick and im 48 years old and im a 2nd shift (2-10) Working foreman at a printing company in woodlawn. Been in the printing business my whole life. Before going back to full time work where i am now, i had my own printing business for 4 years. Actually started my own business so i could fish and golf more but found out it was just the opposite .... lol. Never had time for anything but work.

I was married at 17 and havent been stupid enough to do it again .... yet.
Although i might as well be married cause ive been with my GF Sandy, who is also my 1st mate, fishing partner & best friend, for 15 years.

Long story short ................. Im on my 3rd boat upgrade now with an 85 Sea Ray Amberjack 255 that i really love. Its just what i was looking for. With the 10 foot beam & wide open rear deck, she is very stable in rough seas with plenty of room to fish off of and with a single 2003 350 magnum MPI I/O shes still pretty easy on fuel and will cruise around 28 mph and top out at 35 mph. A decent size cabin with enclosed head with shower, sink, stove & fridge keeps it comfortable as well.

Next year i will be adding a hardtop with enclosure, windlass & more importantly, a microwave

My home port is Weavers marina in back river and even know its a long ride to where the big'uns are in the fall, im going farther & farther south each trip down there to learn the area.

I love chumming, LTJ & im just now learning the ropes at trolling with all the good info i get from these forums.

No name on my boat yet but i keep the VHF on Ch 68 so give me a shout some time. I'm willing to share any info i can offer while out there ......... what little that is right now ... lol.

Hopefully in the future i can share some successful reports here as well.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 11-21-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Welcome Aboard!

170CC Proline
MSSA (NW Chapter)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 PM

Glad to see so many familiar names.

Christie, I may give you a shout about leaving my boat there for a few weeks towards the end of december.

Spot77, give me a shout if you want to fish out on the bay. Our sons are in the same grade at Cape Elementary.

Cage Rattler, I am in the printing business too. I am an account manager. Been with my company 12 years now.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 11-23-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Thanks to Greg for filling me in on the new site.

I am Billy, 23 years old, fresh out of Towson U. I had my own electronics installation company for a few years but am now in the boat detailing business with Prestige Detailing and Yacht Management.

I run a 22' Sea Pro that is absolutely decked out with fishing gear and electronics. I have had it 52 miles out of chincoteage and love fishing blue water. I run it all over the bay and have fished from NJ and MA from it as well. I also get out with my dad on his Grady.

Me on the right, pops on the left
Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Hey there!

Mark here. 40 years old (ouch) Married for 17 years, two kids, boy 6, girl 2. Teach 5th grade in Fairfax county public schools. Started fishing the bay 5 years ago with a teaching buddy (WJZINK) and learned a lot from the other board and hoing with good fishermen over time. I don't own a boat but I've helped Wayne along the way and we keep the boat down at BUZZ'S even though it's a haul from NOVA, the fishing is just too damn good. Also fish a lot out of Breezy on another Triumph boat with my buddy Billy. I'll fish or hunt anything, any time, anywhere. Grew up fishing the Great Lakes for Salmon and Trout and central Michigan for Smallmouth, Pike, Perch, Crappie, Walleye and even Suckers when they were running in the spring. Spent a lot of time in West Africa and managed to fish and hunt there too. Now I hunt deer in Loudon county and will troll, liveline, or bottomfish wherever it's going on. Glad to find out about this board and will contribute what I know in the future. Mark. Gonna see if I can post a pic, (from the summer) If it works, it's cheesy.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Tryin' to figure it out

Maybe a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mrkdav.jpg (43.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by merogers; 11-23-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Aaah, it's the size
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Hey everyone,

Andy Aument, 35 married for seven years and no kids yet. I live in Falls Church, VA and fish out of Harbour Cove in Deale, MD. We have a year 2000 Trophy walk around 2002 model with a 150 Merc. Boats been in Deale for a few years now and OC, MD before that. Usually fish with my wife and dad, and whoever else tags along. We also just moved into a neighborhood with a private lake so I've been ripping the lips of LMB's all summer when the weather didn't cooperate on the bay. Saw this board referenced on another, so I thought I'd check it out. Glad to hear that the BOE folks are involved with cbangler, I've always been real impressed with their business and service.

Andy