Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Default Rough and tough bite - Sandy Point

Left Sandy Point at 7:00 - only about 5 other trailers there. Small craft warning was posted - guess that kept crowd away. Current was outgoing and wind was from south about 15.

This really makes for a sloppy sea but put trim tabs way down and ran her about 20 knots. Got to Hacketts and anchored. Lot of Perch and few tiny Croakers but no Spot. Had info about Spot near Tollys so went there. Moved all around but only got two of them.

Lot of little 10-14 inch Rock busting rain minnows up on the bar. Went farther south near TPL and trolled for about 2 hours. Decent marks here / there but only got two Rock that were 1-2 inches short.

Rain storms came / went and current slackened. BFaithful called - he found Spot so we ran north and anchored near him.

Perfect bait size 5-6 inchers. We put 15 in live well and then went to look for Rock. Found them near bridge in 25 feet and it was quick.

Four nice 20-24 inchers made our two man limit. Fished for Perch but only got 7-8 inchers plus a bunch of 4-5 inchers. We like the Perch to be at least 10 inches to take home.

Wind stayed up all day - made for choppy seas but kept heat off of us. Pulled anchor at 4:00 and headed back in.

DNR checked out the cooler at the ramp.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 PM

I'm hoping the wind lays down tonight but no one notices so I can be out solo instead of a holiday mob scene tomorrow but doubt that will happen. Taking my nephews out for the first time fishing on my boat. Plan to troll love point/ triple buoys area before heading to Chestertown for a week or so of cruising then to Alaska for salmon and halibut for a week.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM

Agreed - It was rough for a lot of people and didn't want to let off towards evening either. We took a good splashin' in center console to see some fireworks. On fishing; I can't say firsthand, but it seems the bite is picking up a little farther south.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:07 PM

The wind has not been our friend this season at all.