Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 PM

How Freaky is that, I am sitting here at my desk looking at my scraped, gouged and fish pricked hands after fishing on Sunday. No redness or swelling, the thumb hurts where it got sliced and another slice that took the skin with it, but they seem to be healing well.
I have to remember to use a rag or a glove because I can't afford to be down and out for a week or more.
Good Luck and wishing a speedy recovery for you. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Tight Lines,
John
Old 07-09-2013, 07:31 PM

Was discharged today. The paperwork says it was a "MSSA" infection...no kidding "MSSA". I asked for a translation and was told it was a type of Staph Infection.

On a more humorous note; I received this from the crew at the Happy Harbor in Deale. Is my hospitalization hurting their bottom line that bad or do they just miss my wit and charm. LOL?!

Thanks for all the well wishes - I'm' going take it easy for awhile, the Doc told me to wait 4-6 weeks before I even thinking about fishing again. Surely he wasn't serious?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HH1.jpg (82.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HH2.jpg (34.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM

Default Mrsa

Hi Tawn:

Are you sure it wasn't a MRSA infection? It stands for Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. It is a type of staph infection that is not killed by penicillin-types.
The really bad part about them is that they can hang around in or on your body and reoccur later.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 PM

I went and rechecked the discharge paperwork.

Under Hospital Course, it states "CULTURES FROM INITIAL PROCEDURES GREW MSSA"

Now if subsequent cultures grew something else, it wasn't annotated in the paperwork.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 AM

Tawn, glad you're home. At least you know it was a Staph infection. With you or the sidelines for 4-6 weeks, maybe John and I can catch some fish. I saw you potential Diamond Jim in the Bay Weekly with Capt. Shawn (like he had anything to do with it) We mates never get credit

Goin Fishin
5th
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Wow Tawn. I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm glad they were able to figure it out and treat it. That's quite an ordeal you went through. I hope you get well soon and back out on the water.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:53 PM

i know exactly how you feel. i got cut by a piece of metal and it got infected. the hospital opened it back up ad they put the same packing inside the wound