Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Solomon's 11-14-10

I left the house at 5:15 with an older friend of my parents from church and my son. We got to Solomon's about 6:30. On the way out the river we could not decide to north or south. So we just headed due east. Got to the east side and started setting the spread, 10 board rods, 1 wwb(spoon/bucktail combo), 2 stormbrellas and 2 dummy line stormbrellas.

After the spread was out we decided to head south, but could not because of charter traffic, so we went north. Zigged Zagged our way to Cove Point and the gas docks.

The only place we marked anything worthwhile was in 25'-45', so that's where we stayed. We managed a limit with 3 throwbacks, the largest at 24". Some of the fish had gill lice and the larger body lice as well.

6 fish came on the dummy lines, including a doubler and 3 fish came on the boat umbrellas. No taps or hits on the boards. Not much chatter on the radio either.

Till next weekend.

John
Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 AM

Glad to hear you got out.. Beautiful weather. (I was raking leaves on Sat and had to head to NJ on Sunday, where I got my first deer of the season -- with my suburban)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
I left the house at 5:15 with an older friend of my parents from church and my son. We got to Solomon's about 6:30. On the way out the river we could not decide to north or south. So we just headed due east. Got to the east side and started setting the spread, 10 board rods, 1 wwb(spoon/bucktail combo), 2 stormbrellas and 2 dummy line stormbrellas.

After the spread was out we decided to head south, but could not because of charter traffic, so we went north. Zigged Zagged our way to Cove Point and the gas docks.

The only place we marked anything worthwhile was in 25'-45', so that's where we stayed. We managed a limit with 3 throwbacks, the largest at 24". Some of the fish had gill lice and the larger body lice as well.

6 fish came on the dummy lines, including a doubler and 3 fish came on the boat umbrellas. No taps or hits on the boards. Not much chatter on the radio either.

Till next weekend.

John
John,
Thanks for posting a report. 300 big fish reports on Tidalfish, assumed we'd have a few here.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
where I got my first deer of the season -- with my suburban)
Nice Shot!

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
John,
Thanks for posting a report. 300 big fish reports on Tidalfish, assumed we'd have a few here.
I wasn't one of the 300 reports on Tidalfish, but one of the fish I caught yesterday was 40"

John (Jalopy), Good job catching 9 fish. The 45' depth was good for me yesterday also. I was a little south of you. Oh yeah, all my fish came off the board rods. Nothing deep got hit, go figure.

Last edited by Breakaway; 11-15-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 PM

Glad that you got out and got 'em! Sunday was really beautiful and a nice day to be on the water!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 AM

Jalopy

I hear alot of people running dummie lines. What are they exactly. From what I gather it is like a rope run off the stern with a lure. I thought about trying it but not sure if it would work since I have a 20 cuddy with a 7'8'' beam. I am afraid of it getting caught in my prop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Great job on getting your limit!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Default Dummy Line

I run one off either side of my SeaPro190WA.
I am guessing at the measurements, but I think it is 20' to a 5lb weight, 20' more feet to 16oz-to whatever you want size weight, then 40' to your lure or rig. The first 2 sections are a thin closeline/chord. The longer section is a heavy mono with a swivel in the middle. You can pick them up at Tylers for less than $20(I think) For small fish I pull stormbrellas, this weekend I will put out daisy chains with a 9"chute or a small 8" 6 arm umbrella with a 9" chute trailer.
Some people use metal springs to attach the dummy to the boat for a shock assorber. I use either a bungy cord or a real large rubber band that we use at work to hold furniture pads on the furniture during a move. I attach them to a side cleat, rear cleat or even the railing. I like to attach a safety cord about twice as long as the rubber band and dangle it in the boat, when the safety cord disappears, FISH ON.
Others may chime in with their ideas, but this is what works for me.
This past weekend, one of the dinks we caught was hooked with both storms in his mouth, greedy little guy.
They are also easy to bring with me on other people's boats.
Good Luck, hope this helps.
John

Last edited by Jalopy; 11-18-2010 at 09:15 AM.