Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Default Fishing the mouth of the Choptank

I'm going fishing tomorrow morning. Going out of Cambridge and head towards the mouth. Is anyone else going to be around. Just built a new 6'6'' jigging rod and ready to test her out Going to try some LTJ and bring the trolling rods also. Hopefully wont have to break them out.

Will let you fellas know how I do when I get back in. Tight lines!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 AM

Well, unloaded the boat from the trailer and started it up this morning and only ran for about 30 seconds then it shut off. Started about 15 more times with the same problem. Called my boat mechanic and he thinks that the jets in the carb are gummed up or oil pressure switch may be bad. Has anyone else had similar issues. I have a 00' Mercruiser 4.3l but is a brand new long block (44hrs). Only thing that isn't new is the carb.

Last edited by dwcustomrods; 10-18-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM

might consider pulling couple gallons of fuel from the same hose the engine pulls fuel, into a 5 gal gas jug. shake the jug then pour some in a clean pickle jar. orange? murky? does it settle in layers after some time?

if yes, looks like fuel problems may be your problem. you might consider calling petroscrub at this point, or find other advice or service to take care of problem.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:33 AM

I have got the boat fixed and ready to do some fishing. Turned out to be the Oil pressure gauge. Hope to get out soon but work has been affecting my fishing schedule terrible. Glad I'm on vacation Nov 20th throught Dec 6th. I plan on going out the 11th and 12th. Will let you guys know how I do. Tight lines
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 AM

Glad you fixed the boat so quick.

The best plans always get messed up some how. I was supposed to be fishing out of Chesapeake Beach today until I found out the captain / my father was sick all night.

Tried to convince him it wasn’t that bad and that he could be sick in the boat the same way he could be sick at home. still a no go!!!!

I had a buddy boat out of the Bodkin fishing the same area today. If they let me I will post a report for them later today.

Good luck

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
The best plans always get messed up some how. I was supposed to be fishing out of Chesapeake Beach today until I found out the captain / my father was sick all night.
Tried to convince him it wasn’t that bad and that he could be sick in the boat the same way he could be sick at home. still a no go!!!!
Good luck
Lead paint poisoning from making all those lures?
Sorry to hear your dad is ill.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 AM

He’s Ok. I just think he was afraid it was going to be cold on the water today. Retired guys are so delicate. I will definitely be on the water next week.

If my friends catch any big fish today I know he will make a miraculous recovery and be fishing tomorrow.

Now that you mentioned lead. I should pour some today.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 AM

The boat has been fixed for about a week, but since I work shift work and got a 21 month old little girl. Time has not allowed me to do any fishing. I will be going Tues and Wed morning. I will let you know how I do. Tuesday I will be around the Cambride area.

FISH NUT: I seen your lures on your other post, they look great. I'm just getting into making some lures this fall/winter. Is that a custom mold you made them with?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:23 AM

My father and I make the lures. Just a hobby to pass the time during the months the boat is in winter storage. I do most of the lead pouring and painting. The old man does the tying and the &G%^&$. The molds are DO IT molds, that I milled the eye pockets out. This is our second year making them last year I drilled the eye sockets out on each lure individually. It was a huge pain. Especially when one get stuck on the drill press and the jig head is spinning at speed with a chemically sharpened hook on it.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask, or send me a PM.

PSG