Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2010, 04:35 AM

Default Fishing report near Cambridge bridge

Well I finally made it out Thursday morning since we have had nothing but wind and my work schedule. Left the Cambridge hospital ramp at about quarter to six am. Got to the channel and started marking some fish. Dropped a 4 rod spread as thats all my cuddy cabin has room for

Trolled in and out of the bridge marking plenty of fish in about 35' but no takers. About 10a finally got a hit on the starbard umbrella rigged with a chartruse 5'' storm out 75'. Pulled in a 16'' dink Still had plenty of markings. Decided to put up the broom sticks and tried LTJ with BKD's. Still nothing.

After trolling and jigging there til 11a I decided to head towards Secretary up the Choptank trolling. As I was coming around Chancellor's Point in 23' my Port tandem white bucktail got hit about 1p. My brother reeled it in and was a fat 22''-23'' fish. As my brother was putting it in the cooler some how the fish got away from him and landed on top the cooler that I have strapped on the swim platform for room. I watched as the fish made it back into the water as my brother was leaning over to get it needless to say I picked on him the rest of the day We fished until 230 when I had to head in as I am stuck on nights. Best part of the day was when I got to the gas pumps and could only squeeze in 5.8 gallons.

Got 6 more nights til vacation Nov 20-Dec 1st, then I will be crusing the two C's (Chesapeake and Choptank) looking for fish. Tight lines everyone and hope to see you all on the water.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks for posting! real bummer about "the one that got away" after it was boated.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 PM

As Capt. George would "fish meet the Priest" and you don't have to worry about losing a fish