Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-21-2014, 06:26 PM

Thumbs up big fish mostly gone, but success pulling boards with downsized baits

Didn't expect much today, with the big fish apparently mostly moved out. Plan was to pull full 17-rod spread from 6-10am but downsize the top baits on most of the tandems, swap some tandem tsunamis in on some of board lines, and change to tsunamis on umbrellas. Problem was that I kept catching fish so didn't get the spread fully changed over before it was time to start pulling lines. Caught 2 overs and 5 unders and had a leader on a spoonbrella snap in the middle on a big fish. Biggest fish was 30" on a tandem tsunami on closest board rod. Caught another on that rod, 3 including a 28" on WWWB Tony17 tandem with tsunami, 1 on BP tandem with 9" shad furthest board rod and another on BP tandem with 6 inch shad on middle board rod. My conclusion... Still worthwhile to pull the boards for now. There are still some big fish around (saw some big marks) and tons of bait in 30-38' on west side.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 PM

Well done Jason! Thanks for the report. I don't plan to fish this weekend and am really tempted to pull boards alright, off the boat! . Keep us posted so I can make the right decision some day next week- board stay or go?? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 AM

Thanks for the report. I am going to take the boards off my boat and next time out mix in some smaller gear.