Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Default Southern exposure

Thinking about getting crew together for a trip next week down to
Point Lookout. Wednesday tides look good and if I can get weather window may just head down. Anyone interested in jumping on board or perhaps we can get a CBA caravan together?
Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 PM

I can offer some intel that will hopefully help with finding the fish. We trailered to PLO state park last sunday. Turned out to be wetter and rougher than hoped for, but the fish are there under birds. I have heard the bite is better bit north, so if Buzz's is an option that is where I would put in (I was worried about being able to get my 29 on and off there so pulled a bit farther south). We only brought jigging rods and had a slow and steady pick. 7 inch plastics (white / pear/ / glitter) fared best as did big poppers. Had a number of fish completely launch themselves out of the water on the plugs. Jigging on the bottom did not produce as well as working the baits erratically through the water column. We didn't get the size we were hoping for, with the biggest being 26-27, but easily got a three man limit and then some. Talked to some guys at the ramp who jigged in the trolling fleet between 66 and 68 in 60 ft and they got some overs. We avoided jigging there as the boats were circling very tightly. Wish I could pull down there again but am out of town for the next few weekends. Good luck if you go.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the Intel!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Mike, I'm looking for a weather window as well. I have several things to do (you can bet it will be perfect weather those days) next week.
5th
Old 12-02-2015, 03:54 PM

I am attempting to get parties for either Friday or Saturday this week. We had a great bite down there during the MSSA to 33", despite hitting the deep water for big fish for several hours. We will likely do some trolling and jigging.

My cell is 410-533-1435
Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I am attempting to get parties for either Friday or Saturday this week. We had a great bite down there during the MSSA to 33", despite hitting the deep water for big fish for several hours. We will likely do some trolling and jigging.

My cell is 410-533-1435

This is an excellent way to get on some nice resident fish out of Point Lookout. Greg is a great captain that does his best to put you on fish. With the cost of fuel trailering down, fuel for the boat, and the worry of fog making you sit at the dock if you don't have radar; it really becomes economical to let Greg have all the hassle (his boat has radar)
His boat is equipped with all the necessary items to get you out and catch fish. I would be towing my rig down Friday except I'm due in court for the thief that took our electronics well over a year ago
5th
Old 12-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Chartering Greg in my mind would be the best option, like Marty with everything that goes into getting your own boat down there it would be much easier!
Old 12-02-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger View Post
Chartering Greg in my mind would be the best option, like Marty with everything that goes into getting your own boat down there it would be much easier!
I'll be trailering down there with my boat. For the boat owner, it's a real pain. Worry about trailer breaking down, possibility of an auto accident just by hitting a deer, and many other possibilities.
However, there's nothing like catching fish off your own boat. It's just "smart" to go with a guide, but I've never been accused of being smart anyway.

Greg, post the results of your trip. I'll be drooling.
5th
Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 AM

This weekend's weather looks a whole lot better than next weekend's right now. Push that "honey-do" list off 7 days and go south!! Better that your chores get rained out next weekend than your fishing trip.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:56 AM

Ok guys pulling the trigger and heading down Sunday! The weather is just too damn inviting. Anyone got any hot spots or areas I should try? Haven't been down that area since I was a kid. Should I go out of state park or Buzz's. Any help would be greatly appreciated!