Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Default 24 July 2013 on Patent Pending..The way we do it in Deale

I'll let Marty tell the rest of the story. I just want to thank John and Marty for offering up a ride today on that gorgeous Markley. It was my first time back on the water in about 4 weeks due to the hand. It felt good to get some payback on the fish for my pain and inconvenience. .

Thanks to Rick as well, the Fish-Off Glove worked like a champ!

Anyway, the pictures only tell part of the story, but this is what we do in Deale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24 July 1.jpg (51.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 24 July 2.jpg (73.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 24 July 3.jpg (76.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 07-24-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:53 PM

Thanks Tawn; it was good to have you on the boat today

John wanted to put together a fun trip for this afternoon. He had some appointments earlier today, so a 2:00 pm departure was scheduled. John had a few friends and I brought two friends (had to get Tawn back out on the water). I approached Tawn with just a boat ride. I was afraid it was too early to get him back in on the fishing, baiting hooks, and removing fish (mate work).

Tawn jumped at the chance. He actualy brought a LL rod and a spot rod to participate I stopped by his 27 Judge in Deale to pick up a few pointers on improving my Judge. From there, we met Capt John at the boat and off we went to catch spot.

With 8 people on board, we figured 40 spot would be enough. It took longer than expected to catch our spot, but Tawn pitched in with all the mate duties. His new Fish Off glove got a workout with the spot and croaker It took 2 hours to get our 40 spot Off we went to Poplar Island and soon we were intently watching the fishfinder for signs of rockfish.

We dropped anchor and almost instantly hooked up. Tawn and I kept spot on the hooks and shared netting duty. It sure is nice to have two mates on the boat I would guess it took about 45 minutes to get our 16 rock. We had no "overs" but plenty of 20-24 inch fish.

With plenty of daylight left, we ran south to look for blues. We found NONE. We trolled up a few small rock and a couple legal size as well. With the boat needing cleaning, we pulled lines and ran back to Deale. John, Tawn, and I cleaned the boat in record time.

I have charters on Friday and Sunday; wish Tawn was available

The beer was cold, the fish were biting, and the camaraderie was excellent. Stories and good natured ribbing flew around the boat. It was good to see Tawn's hand has healed so well.

It was a good evening on the water. Thanks for your help.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:59 AM

Thanks again Marty,

I'm up at 0430 getting ready to go fishing on my boat this afternoon after work. I have a ways to go....all my electronics are still in the backseat of my truck, bait tank is still in the basement and half my LLing stuff is on the charter boat. Nothing like being ready huh!

I'm helping with a boat delivery Saturday and working on the Janet M Sunday but we need to continue with these no drama, afternoon beer trips....my boats right there and after today it will be ready on a moments notice. Get Jeff, Mark and those guys rounded up and lets punish those fish.

I'm not trying to move in your gig but if John ever needs someone to fill in for you please have him give me a call. My drug card is up to date and I'm 100% legal. He ask for my number but I forgot to give it to him, can you pass it along for me?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Tawn; 07-25-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 AM

I'll give him your number. If you fill in for me, I'll be able to find s-it the next time I get on the boat, or I won't find all the tackle cut off the rods and have to re-rig

It was a fun day, those Coors and Bud's deep down in the ice were cold and went down smooth

5th
Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 AM

With that combo, I don't know who stood less of a chance- the fish or the beers! . Sounds like a great time was had by all- minus those of us that were working of course!
Good to here Tawn is back at it!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM

Hey Tawn glad you are back fishing! Rick
Old 07-26-2013, 05:56 AM

Good to hear you are back on the water Tawn.............................Mark