Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-10-2014, 02:25 PM

Default Patapsco 9/10

Fished 7 a.m to 11 am., one 17... It might be a good idea to avoid the anywhere above the Key Bridge, if not the entire Patapsco this weekend. I was told by DNR, that I not only could not use the main channel, I had to stay 1500 yards away from it. I was told by a very credible source, that just about every DNR officer in the state, State Troopers, along with Coasties and U.S Park Police from all over the country, are up here. The testosterone is getting deep. That, along with an insane amount of people operating boats, who shouldnt be permitted to cross the street without supervision, makes for a f$&@!d up environment. By 11:00, witnessed enough to call it a day. And on a personal note, they really need to take VHF radios away from sail boaters. Why do they feel the need to communicate to each other what they had for breakfast, when they take a piss, etc....

Joe
Old 09-11-2014, 03:36 AM

I'm afraid it's not just blow boats that should have VHFs. They should come with an IQ test and a breathalyzer built in, that would quite things up a bunch.

This weekend is the Star Spangled 200 celebration in Baltimore. Blue Angels flying Sat and Sun afternoon. Fireworks and concerts Sat evening. We have a slip to spend Sunday night Harbor East and are hoping we can get in it by 10:00 ish when they "shut the harbor down until 5:00pm". I'm still not clear what that means so I guess I better make a call or two. In any event, I'm sure it will be a madhouse and swarming with the PO PO. At least you can ASS-U-ME they will be the sober, knowledgable boaters in the crowd tho!

Might be a good weekend to try someplace new to fish!

Www.Starspangled200.com will give you the details

Old 09-11-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
Fished 7 a.m to 11 am., one 17... It might be a good idea to avoid the anywhere above the Key Bridge, if not the entire Patapsco this weekend. I was told by DNR, that I not only could not use the main channel, I had to stay 1500 yards away from it. I was told by a very credible source, that just about every DNR officer in the state, State Troopers, along with Coasties and U.S Park Police from all over the country, are up here. The testosterone is getting deep. That, along with an insane amount of people operating boats, who shouldnt be permitted to cross the street without supervision, makes for a f$&@!d up environment. By 11:00, witnessed enough to call it a day. And on a personal note, they really need to take VHF radios away from sail boaters. Why do they feel the need to communicate to each other what they had for breakfast, when they take a piss, etc....

Joe
That's whyI'm heading to Kent Island for the Cash Bash this weekend
Good luck with the crowd.

bhl(Bruce)
Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM

Got out for 2 hours last night....Similar luck...Ended up with no stripers, a few perch, and one hell of a nice 28 to 30 inch catfish....On an ultra light no less...Was great to see a rod bend in half....

Was hoping to get out this weekend, but I will make sure I am a heck of a lot closer to the Bay Bridge than the Key Bridge.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:41 PM

So who will be watching either the air show or practice? I would like to get out for one of the days but not sure when.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:05 PM

They were practicing today. Flew over my house several times in formation

Gives you goose bumps!

5th
Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 PM

We saw both practices today. Was only supposed to be one, starting at 1400, they started at 1000, due to wx. We were heading in about 3, and they showed up again. Pretty cool to watch...

Joe
Old 09-11-2014, 08:03 PM

I went last time...I have to say 95% of the people on the water don't know a damned thing about boating....This event just makes it worse...

However, I am a sucker for awesome aircraft and those super hornets are just great to watch !
Old 09-11-2014, 08:18 PM

I plan to ease over there early Sunday morning to get into a slip at Harbor East and spend Sunday night. Hopefully I get in the slip before too many idiots are on the water....
Haven't seen the Blue Angels in 3 decades!

Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Haven't seen the Blue Angels in 3 decades!
Maybe you haven't seen the Blue Angles in 3 decades, but it looks like you fish with Charlie's Angles a lot
I think your new nickname should be "Charlie"
5th

PS. Some would say "Boz", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt